Re: [OPEN] [PH] Wash dishes spamming

by Ethyrdude

Original Post

★★ Apprentice

I have this same issue going on in my game. I found a workaround (until EA fixes it. This is not saying we should resort to having to do this for all time. It still needs fixed. This is just a way to get relief until EA actual fixes the issue). I posted on the Sims forums and I'll copy and paste my post from there, here: 

WORKAROUND: 

Okay, I've done some testing (about a sim day - now it's been 3 sim days, and the issue is gone for me) and I think I've figured out how to stop YA and older sims from queuing up to do dishes. I'm sure it would work on Teen and younger as well, but you will be losing your manners, so I prefer to do it after they've aged up. I tested this with a sim that did not get the high manners trait as a YA (she had high manners, just not high enough for the trait). So be warned, you might lose that trait, I have no idea as I don't have anyone with the high manners trait to test. But, if it's driving you crazy to have a sim constantly trying to wash dishes, this may work for you....

Turn on testingcheats on

put in cheat window: stats.set_stat lifeskillstatistic_manners -1

Just like that. Make sure it says -1 Hit enter

You'll see the red negative signs above your sims head, even as a YA, and they should stop constantly trying to wash dishes. This should work until devs fix this issue for us.

Message 20 of 74 (2,587 Views)

Re: Sim keeps trying to do dishes

★★★ Apprentice

Teens through young adult. any sim I teach responsibility to ends up washing dish spam on a variety of my lots. they will get up during dinner at resturants to wash dishes spam. as well as gyms, bars, parks, pools, rental lots and other sims lots. they will also often set tables at other sims lots. Kinda odd when you have a teen come over to visit your active household and they set your table and stay at your sink til they leave. they will also abanddon action they are specifically told to do to wash dishes. like stargaze with a friend or tend garden. City livings Dream big is no different. that oly only apllies to active sims I noticed they will interrupt eat bathing and long term action like practice programming to go and dream big if a basketball court is anywhere on the lot they are visiting. Luxury pack also has a spam item the globe bar. Sim will stop what they are doing to go and have a drink leave a mess of glasses all over the place unless you constanly watch them and of course bladder failure cause they will interrupt potting to have a drink -.-. For the parenthood one it dose'nt matter what the sims traits are or the age from child - elder they will wash dish spam unless they are irresponsible and have bad manners. There is also no similar traits in luxury pack bar spam it seems it used to stay with being inspired (sims tend to drink a lot inspired) but not any longer. I've removed my luxury bars from my house and basket ball courts and sinks and will not bother raising any of my sims cause I can't tell if the bug is in the pack it self or has migrated to a permanent glitch on that particular sim. These things seem to be a punish the customer intention because they don't address or say they are even working on them.

Message 21 of 74 (1,923 Views)

★★ Guide

I had a whole bunch typed in here about how annoyed I am with this bug but I will show incredible emotional control and just state that I am annoyed and now I am going for a jog.  Or maybe just a fast walk around the room.

Message 22 of 74 (1,896 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

This is driving me nuts, every time you leave a sim to their own devices, they are found washing invisible dishes!

Message 23 of 74 (1,853 Views)

★★ Guide

In order to add something actually useful to this post, the best way to avoid this bug is to just don't develop any manners.  If your sim ages up to adult, then you can always add this trait with a cheat if you want, but otherwise it seems to do more harm than good.  We're looking for a patch EA.  Pretty please??  Oh oh, the dishes are calling, BRB!

Message 24 of 74 (1,820 Views)

Bathroom sink bug

★★★ Novice

Hi, i want to report a bug i just have stumbled upon. my sim is very obsessed with the bathroom sink, no matter the type of sink. She can be standing and trying to do something with the sink, but before it even gets to the task bar it disrepairs. Yesterday i noticed she wanted to wash dishes in that sink (there were no dishes), but that also dissapaired. She can wash her hands etc.

Message 25 of 74 (1,808 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

There is actually a solution to this bug that doesn't involve a mod or a cheat. It's rather simple if you have "get to work" . You clone the sim at young adult and use the clone. it will come with all the earned traits of the previous sim without the hassle. They will also have a clean aspiration box so if it dose not bother you that they didn't actually earn those traits from the aspiration it's all good. What I'd recommend is that you do nothing but focus on the parenthood traits you want until young adult then clone that sim and then worry about earning the aspirations after you cloned it. It will also not come with any of the event challenge items. well it may get day of the dead if the cloned sim had that done but none of the others from what I can see.

Message 26 of 74 (1,788 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

there is also a second solution to this bug if you do not have "get to work". Let your teen age to young adult and get their traits. Then pull them out and de-age them back to teen. You will have a teen that has the earned parenthood traits. At this point you can either go for the negative traits too or simply just lower the bars to the bottom and then let them grow back up to young adult. It's a little more effort then the cloning option but it works as well and your sim will stay intact. Age up, then remove, then de-age, and re do the parenthood bars so they are either negative or just at the mid point, then age back up to young adult. And it is possible to have the 5 good traits and the 5 bad traits on the same sim. I've attached 2 saves with the dishwashing bug in the active household incase maxis actually want to look at this issue.

Message 27 of 74 (1,778 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Solution 2 dose'nt work all it dose is remove the earned traits and make you earn new ones from parenthood. Only solution I can do without cheats or mods is cloning -.-

Message 28 of 74 (1,781 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

My home lots no longer have ANY sinks. That seems to be the only way to solve the issue at home. They still drop actions to wash non-existent dishes on other lots though.
My Sims seem to have issues with dropping actions for other as yet undetermined reasons.

I had to remove the dollhouse because all my Sims dropped dancing and other actions to play with the dollhouse.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 29 of 74 (1,751 Views)