Re: Sim keeps trying to do dishes

by Moriata

Original Post

Sim keeps trying to do dishes

★★ Novice
Hello,

My sim keeps trying to wash dishes, even though she is not holding dishes or whatever. I have tried to debug her bij the testingcheats with debug and I have reset all the sims by using resetsim cheat.

I don't know what else to do, because she keeps going to the sink to 'do the dishes' and then when she stands in front of the sink she just thinks about she sink for some time and then she goes to another sink etc etc.

I could really use your help, thank you!

Greetings, Maureen
Message 10 of 74 (6,961 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi,

I'm having exactly the same problem, my sims drive me nuts with it...

but it only seem to happen on the sims i encouraged as a child to clean up the plates

I hope someone has a solution for this weird bug

Message 11 of 74 (3,577 Views)

Hero

Hi @Moriata and @maureenblok

This is a known issue and I've merged your post with the bug report

I think the only work around atm is to not max out the manners

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 74 (3,556 Views)

★★ Novice

Heya, I did not max manners for my teen and even created a new household and new game with her - made her  into a young adult in CAS, too. No responsible trait but still issue that she's trying to do dishes.

Message 13 of 74 (3,529 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I have this bug to I think it has something to do with manners

Message 14 of 74 (3,485 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [PH] Wash dishes spamming

★★ Novice

I currently have this bug once I got PH. No traits maxed and my kids kept wanting to do dishes in the kitchen or bathroom. I thought maybe there's a hidden plate since my sim(s) always ended up under the staircase and my maid standing T posed outside for a day and a half. My only solution for this atm is turning off free wil

Message 15 of 74 (3,454 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

It's actualy becoming more and more of a problem with my sims. I've caught none played sims running to wash dishes at the parks. Plus the ones I have at home will wash dish spam until my game crashes at and their task bar turns white all the way to the top of my screen. They also clean the dishes at the restaurant will get up in the middle of their dinner chatting with friends to go wash them. they also tend to stop working out at the gym to go dish wash. Only thing that saves them is the basket ball court glitch where they constantly wana dream big. That usualy makes them stop and go back to normal for a short time. One bug against another it's great. I thought about adding one of the luxury globe bars into all my houses cause that's another of the bug spamming objects. Right now I just remove all my sinks from my house and don't go to the restaurant. I'm actualy worried that the bug might stick on a sim I've been working on since game opening so I'm  not raising anymore til I see they are atleast attempting to work on it.

Message 16 of 74 (3,430 Views)

Hero

What traits do the Sims have that are affected ? What age group are they ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 17 of 74 (3,421 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Same problem here, child maxed out good manners and he was always trying to wash non existent dishes. He is now a YA and just moved out and I have had to remove all sinks from the lot as he was spamming wash dishes to the point he was permanently stuck in front of a sink.

Message 18 of 74 (3,408 Views)

Re: Wash dishes spamming

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I don't know if it is related to any traits since my pre-existing adult sims are also nonstop washing imaginary dishes.   The children are doing it so much that they will cancel other actions to go wash non-existent dishes in any sink available.   I'm trying different resource files to see if I can make the action stop but so far, no luck making a mod that works without breaking restaurant workers who need to wash dishes.  In the meanwhile, I'm removing all sinks till they need them.  

Message 19 of 74 (3,390 Views)