Re: [OPEN] [PH] Grounding teen (Phone) causes interactions to be stealthily

by RickxAbsinthe43

Original Post

Re: Super Stealthy Kids

★★ Apprentice

Also, when I go to modify my sim in cas using shift-click, the interaction is stealthily.

Message 11 of 23 (1,614 Views)

Bugs with grounding action

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.56.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Most expansions, except for Get Famous, Eco Lifestyle and Snowy Escape. Have Laundry Day stuff pack, and Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out and Outdoor Retreat game packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Discipline the child/teen after they do something wrong (ex: shout forbidden words) by grounding them.
What happens when the bug occurs? The grounding stops them from doing anything. Ex: they are forbidden to use their phone but they can't eat, drink, sleep or anything without them braking the rules. They well not able to do anything without the "stealthily"option.
What do you expect to see? They would only break the rules if they (ex use their phone) or break any other grounding. Will still be able to sleep, eat etc.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

To eleborate often when I ground a kid or a teen and say ground them and they cannot do x or y, nothing specifically just any grounding. They would get the little jail cell (representing grounding) for ANY action, they cannot even eat or sleep without breaking the grounding action. My kids would literally die because they could not take care of their basic needs. It happened so many times that I had to quit the game and start over because they could not do anything. I rarely have ground them anymore but when I do I save just in case right before. 

Message 12 of 23 (1,559 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I have this bug with a child sim, I play mod free and cc free on PC.

Message 13 of 23 (1,486 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm also experiencing this bug. Same thing--my teenager's mom grounded her from using the phone and now she has to shower stealthily, sleep stealthily, etc. Her mom then reprimanded her for trying to do anything, so I had to get her mom out of the room before I could have her go to bed.

I have the Get Together, Seasons, Vampires, Realm of Magic, and Parenthood expansions, as well as the Toddler, Romantic Garden, and Nifty Knitting stuff packs.

Message 14 of 23 (1,404 Views)

★ Novice

I’m having the same problem with a teen. Did anyone ever find a way to fix it or does it go away when the grounding ends?

Message 15 of 23 (1,376 Views)

Help! My teen was grounded to not use phone but all interactions are steathily

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Latest
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Parenthood, Vampires, Cat & Dogs, Seasons, City Living, Discover University
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When your teen breaks their curfew, the parent can discipline them in multiple ways. I decided to ground the sim by not allowing them to use their phone for 1 day.
What happens when the bug occurs? Every interaction has a jail sign and the word stealthily so every time she moves, or eats etc she gets reprimanded by her parent when all I grounded her for was her phone. I don't know how to get rid of it, I have tried to resetsim, debug sim and nothing is working. I don't even know if the curfew is going to end at all and it is just really annoying.
What do you expect to see? I expect just the phone interactions to have the word stealthily by them and get reprimanded only if she is caught using her phone.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 16 of 23 (1,327 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I had the same thing happened to me. I play on PC with no mods. For what i read it seems to be an issue only ocurring when grounding them about the phone usage. I was even unable to get my adult sims to do anything because they kept cancelling the actions to go reprimand their child for any action, even eating or going to the toilet

Message 17 of 23 (1,278 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Happening to me too. I used cheats to get rid of the grounding but I can’t get rid of the “Breaking Grounding” moodlet. It’s super irritating because at this point I have no idea if it’ll go away. I certainly cannot play like this. My Sim can’t even use a toilet, eat, sleep, or shower without being scolded by his parents.

Message 18 of 23 (1,241 Views)

Re: Bugs with grounding action

★ Novice

I do not work with EA but I fixed this annoying bug by removing the grounded buff by using MCC. I clicked on MCC on my sim and chated his sim info and manually found the buff and deleted it. And now everything is working again!

Message 19 of 23 (1,168 Views)

★★ Novice

If you have mccc downloaded you can select cheat sim info and remove all buffs. This fixed the problem for me.

Message 20 of 23 (1,076 Views)