[FIXED] [PH] Everyone wants to watch Kids Network

by Hi_its_Nobody

Original Post

Re: Everyone wants to watch Kids Network?

Hero

Added this

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 35 (2,667 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello @Anita_Montresor @Hroun_88 @crinrict

So I heard that this is the intended design when Parenthood is installed:

- Parents autonomously initiate the "Watch TV with..." interaction at a higher rate with their Sim child or toddler, and switch to the Kids Network. 

It may be an issue if there are no children/toddlers nearby.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 11 of 35 (2,108 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@SimQARobo If that's the case, then theoretically the child should go over and watch TV with them, or should already be watching TV, but that's not what I'm seeing.  The parent just goes over and watches Kids Network on their own, and the child doesn't join them.  I'd be okay with it if it was intended to be a parent/child interaction, but it's not working that way at present.

Message 12 of 35 (2,098 Views)

EA Sims Team

@Anita_Montresor

I see.  We'll look into it.  Thank you for all of the info.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 13 of 35 (2,092 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Everyone wants to watch Kids Network?

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I have the same issue.

My old OS HD had to be replaced so I am working with the first game after a new install, newly made family in CAS (with one extra child happening after game start, of course), but this was also happening before the reinstall once I got the Parenthood Pack.

Adults or Elders will autonomously "Watch with" (when they don't have a stereo on to "Dance with" constantly) and turn on the Kids TV Network.  The kids don't have to be in the room, in fact, they usually are not.  The "Watch Kids Network" will pop up in the one kid's action queue to happen right after their current action / activity (sometimes ending the purposely queued action prematurely) and if the TV was turned off or the channel turned while the kid was finishing their action and walking across the house to the TV, then the kid still turns on the Kids Network even though you are trying to get them to work on their skills / goals / homework / projects, etc.

For me it is to the point where every time I see an adult head to the living room (where both the stereo and TV are) I pause the game to see what they are doing, cancel the "Watch with" or "Dance with" only to have them do it anyway a few seconds later.  Then I remove their major sources of entertainment because I am sick of it.

Edit:  I feel like I should point out that before the new install the adult would not always "Watch with" but still constantly watch the Kids Network.  After the new install they almost always chose "Watch with" (unless the kid is in the room, then they chose something else) but the kid does not always come right away because they are doing something else (it gets put next in their queue).

Message 14 of 35 (2,044 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Everyone wants to watch Kids Network?

★★★★ Guide

I've recently discovered an interesting twist on this 'watch tv with' glitch (after this latest patch?). Father turned on Kids Network and his teenage son came over to watch and flipped the channel to comedy channel (action still says "watch tv with"). Traits mentioned above these two do not have. Dad's a bro, genius, geek and son's a loner and insane. IDK what if anything this adds, but I found it curious. Standard smile

Message 15 of 35 (2,007 Views)

Non-Childish Young Adult Sims Autonomously Watch Kids' Channel

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? This only started happening to me when there was a toddler in the household, so create a family with at least one Sim young adult and older and at least one toddler, then make sure there is a TV in the house. Just let the Sims do their thing for a while.
What happens when the bug occurs? Young adult and older Sims autonomously watch the kids' channel, making themselves bored in the process. The Sims in question do not have the Childish trait.
What do you expect to see? I wouldn't think that non-childish Sims should be able to autonomously watch the kids' channel.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

For some reason, ever since two young adult Sims of mine had their baby grow into a toddler, they've been autonomously watching the kids' channel. None of them have the Childish trait. This gets especially annoying because they keep giving that bored moodlet to themselves when they do this. At first, I thought that maybe the toddler had watched TV while I wasn't looking and the kids' channel was set as the current channel as a result, so I had one of the adults change the channel. Sure enough, though, I was watching the toddler who had not gone anywhere near the TV since I had one of the adults changed the channel, and one of them was watching the kids' channel again!

Message 16 of 35 (1,923 Views)

Re: Non-Childish Young Adult Sims Autonomously Watch Kids' Channel

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Oh! I had no idea that this was already a known issue. Gonna go ahead and give it a me too.

@SimQARobo

I can confirm that while this was in fact occurring with a toddler in the house, they were not inviting the toddler to watch TV with them, nor was the toddler already watching TV. They were watching the kids' channel all on their own! The toddler wasn't even in the same room.

Message 17 of 35 (1,904 Views)

Champion

I'm seeing this happen with parents in the same room as their teenager. They turn on the TV and start watching Kids Network when their teenage son is around and he's their only child.

I went to visit the next door neighbour with this teenaged sim. His neighbour is another teen who lives with his single mother. The mother autonomously turned on the TV and started watching Kids Network while the teenagers chatted outside.

Message 18 of 35 (1,810 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This is happening alot in my game. Parents with children or teens always default to watching the Kids network and its driving me nuts. To the point I've removed TVs off lots or locked doors to rooms with TVs because I cannot stand hearing that song anymore. Adults no longer want to watch anything except that station, before the Parenthood pack they'd watch comedy, cooking, sports, now its almost 100% kids network.

Message 20 of 35 (1,719 Views)