Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [PH] Empathy is not lowered when a sim hits a stuffed toy

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.74.59.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, Island Living, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle, Snowy Escape, Outdoor Retreat, Spay Day, Vampires, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure, Strangerville, Realms of Magic, Perfect Patio, Cool Kitchen, Romantic Garden, Backyard, Vintage Glamour, Fitness, Toddler, Laundry Day, Tiny Living, Holiday
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim hit a stuffed animal.
What happens when the bug occurs? Empathy is not lowered when a sim is hitting a stuffed toy as indicated by the game text.
What do you expect to see? I expect empathy to go negative when hitting the stuffed toy.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

According to the game text in the character value panel, hitting stuffed animals should lower empathy. However, this does not happen in my game. My mean sim is autonomously hitting the stuffing out of poor Big Puds on a daily basis but this does not budge his empathy whatsoever. By contrast, when I have him, troll the forums, I can clearly see, in the character values panel, a red arrow that indicates empathy is getting more negative. When he is hitting a stuffed animal, no such arrow. At this point, he has spent so much time autonomously hitting the poor toy, I think I'll have to cheat and give him the insensitive trait.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or an undocumented change and the game text wasn't updated.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 2 (765 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [FIXED] [PH] Empathy is not lowered when a sim hits a stuffed toy

Hero

Taking anger out on stuffed animal toys now decreases the teen Sim's Empathy. Meanness has consequences!

Fixed in Patch 1.90.358/1.61

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (598 Views)

All Replies

Re: [FIXED] [PH] Empathy is not lowered when a sim hits a stuffed toy

Hero

Taking anger out on stuffed animal toys now decreases the teen Sim's Empathy. Meanness has consequences!

Fixed in Patch 1.90.358/1.61

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 2 (599 Views)