Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED][PH] Auto multitasking dance and power sculpting video doesn't work

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Having an issue where the dance video or power sculpting video appears in the sim's queue while watching a movie but unless one actually clicks on the TV and selects this, the action never happens.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Watch a movie and hope that it happens autonomously
What happens when the bug occurs? A useless interaction in the queue
What do you expect to see? Action actually doing something
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After PH patch

Having an issue where the dance video or power sculpting video appears in the sim's queue while watching a movie but unless one actually clicks on the TV and selects this, the action never happens.  Having this queue up just seems rather pointless.  If it was supposed to happen autonomously then this is broken.  Perhaps somebody can verify if this happens in a vanilla game?  Searched for this prior to submitting but doesn't appear that anyone else has experienced this.  I would test but I've been playing this for a while now and I don't want to mess my save up by removing mods, having to clear cache, yadda yadda.  Am calling this an issue as it's too minor to call a bug, unless others are having the same issue.

Message 1 of 23 (2,483 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN][PH] Auto multitasking dance and power sculpting video doesn't do anyt

★★★★ Pro

No, looks like the fitness videos are ok Standard smile

View in thread

Message 21 of 23 (1,571 Views)

All Replies

Betreff: Power sculpting video and dance video

★★★★ Pro
Perhaps this issue is connected with the athletic trait? (This trait is a curse ...)
Message 2 of 23 (2,425 Views)

Re: Power sculpting video and dance video

Hero

Yes, I see this.

It love to multi task it with something else but doesn't do anything. Surprised there isn't a report yet tbh.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 23 (2,419 Views)

Re: Power sculpting video and dance video

★★ Guide

My current sim has the lazy and slob trait, so exercise is not something that my sim enjoys or even wants.  This is a newly created sim who never had any other traits.  At the moment, he is sitting close to the TV but reading instead of watching TV and yet the power sculpting video action has queued up as he is reading.

Message 4 of 23 (2,408 Views)

Fintess stuff power sculpting and dance video bug

★★★ Apprentice

This bug I just noticed today. My active teen who lives alone has a computer not far from his television where he writes books. While he was writing a book he was also watching a power sculpting video. Now sims aren't supposed to be watching television and playing on the computer (game dose'nt allow) . so why is my sim attempting to watch a power sculpting video while working on his computer? so I gave in and let him do his power sculpting after he finished his book and did his home work. and my o my it got worse. He was working out power sculpting attempting to watch dance workout and then added power sculpting again into his que. now of course he dose'nt have a split screen television but you coulda fooled me cause the game said he was doing power sculpting and dance workout...while the only thing in his que was another powersculpting which the game added on it's own along with the dance video. He's an active sim and maxis seems to be REALLY hating on them lately with city living Dream Big auto's to this recently noticed body sculpting and dance work out bug. For the moment they don't disrupt you from doing other things and you can easily click it off but they will spam it again moments later. the Dream big one actualy cancels all other actions so they can dream big which totally makes me anger. Stop messing around with the timing stuff on these please. either make them totally under player control or take their proper place in que with out intrupting the sims tasks they are doing. is this happening with poer sculpting and dance work out yet....not that I can tell but it will start interrupting sims soon if it hasn't already. I can just see it now run out dream big run back in power sculpt and dance routine simotaniously..try for a quick bath and a snack...nope interrupted time to dream big again and back to power sculpting...whats that you say I work in two hours but I'm exhausted. PLEASE MAXIS TREAT ACTIVE SIMS BETTER.

Message 5 of 23 (2,409 Views)

Re: Fintess stuff power sculpting and dance video bug

Hero

Hi @alamna74

merged this post with existing thread as well.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 23 (2,390 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Auto multitasking dance and power sculpting video doesn't do anything

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 23 (2,274 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Auto multitasking dance and power sculpting video doesn't do anything

★★★★ Guide

I have this to wish it wish it was not broken 

Message 8 of 23 (2,114 Views)

Hero

Hi @comicsforever

this isn't about a wish but about the task being stuck in the queue without the Sims actually doing it.

Did you post in the correct thread ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 23 (2,101 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I meant that I wish it was not broken sorry for bad typing @crinrict

Message 10 of 23 (2,085 Views)