★ Pro

@holger1405 And just like that we may get a small fix today. *fingers crossed*
[CM - Removed Link]

Message 271 of 309 (754 Views)

Re: Recent update from sims 4

★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict , @SimQARobo ,

A quick update, if it helps:

• Turning off SDX AND disconnected from the router/Internet last night on a New Game, let me play with the lowest lag/freeze I've experienced since the patch.
  • Turning off SDX AND disconnected from the router/Internet this morning, on the save from last night, back to the same amount of lag/freeze I've experienced since the patch.
  • My Laptop is a 2018 HP Satellite model with a built in Blue-ray player. I noticed this morning every time it lag/froze the Blue-ray player would spin up. It's never done that pre-1.88 patch. Thinking back over the past couple of days, I realized that it's been doing so each time. I just didn't link the the two.

Hope that helps, and been trying to figure out a work around as a tide-me-over until the New EA patch is programmed and pushed out.

Message 272 of 309 (728 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] [PC] Stop and go Lags/freezes since Patch 1.88 (Pronouns)

★★★★★ Newbie

No lags before the latest update. Lag occurs everywhere, even during the first loading screen. Keeps on happening in all aspects of the game.

No mods, no CC. Did all the things suggested in this thread, didnt help much.

CPU/GPU both ~60-70% (as usual when playing sims4), drops to 0% and ~13% during freeze. 

I mostly have the game running in fullscreen window on second screen while I do homework. Taskbar shows up duriing freeze. Seems like time, tasks and moods arent affected by the freezing of the game, they catch up when lag is over. Isnt any difference in amount of lags between actively playing and the Sims game open but not the current active window. 

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 273 of 309 (689 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] [PC] Lags/Freezes since Patch 1.88 (Pronouns)

★★ Novice
@crinrict Sorry I haven’t answers those questions as I’m not sure on the answer to most of them as I know little to zero about technology but what i did do was.. deleted The Sims 4 folder from documents to restart my whole game (yes i made that sacrifice) and it was actually working and not lagging. I then went to put my mods folder into the new save file and it started lagging/freezing again so I have a feeling it’s something to do with mods (i have ensured all my mods are up to date and not broken, i also removed all my scripted mods and this was only cc). although before I deleted the sims 4 documents file it still wasn’t working without mods, only worked after the new save file . I use Windows if that helps. I still wont play the game because I’m one of them people that needs mods to play. I’m sorry if some of that doesn’t make sense
Message 274 of 309 (666 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] [PC] Lags/Freezes since Patch 1.88 (Pronouns)

Hero
@anasofiamirax There could be multiple causes. It would be most helpful if you post your DxDiag. There's a link on the first post on how to get them.

Do you know what graphics card you have ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 275 of 309 (661 Views)

★★ Novice

Exactly the same thing happens. It freezes from the main menu to when I'm in the game.

Message 276 of 309 (624 Views)

Re: Clicking on Pop-Up on main screen freezes game

★★★ Newbie

I have had a similar issue like this. My game freezes up for about 30 seconds to a minute every couple seconds. I have tried literally everything but it won't go away. Someone from reddit told me it's a bug. 

Message 277 of 309 (593 Views)

Re: Recent update from sims 4

@BylineBelife

Do you have a link to an official source and not a gossipy news site please Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 278 of 309 (603 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@DainuCat Unfortunately your processor doesn't show. Do yo know what you have ? Your graphics chip doesn't fulfill the minimum requirements so there's no way of telling if it will work for you again after this issue is fixed.

@f71r2vguo7aj I moved your post over to the correct thread for this. Could you please provide the info asked on the first page ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 279 of 309 (596 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Opened up a live stream on youtube and the game completely froze and shut down it self. 

Message 280 of 309 (476 Views)