Re: Recent update from sims 4

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] [PC] Lags/Freezes since Patch 1.88 (Pronouns)

★★★★★ Novice
@crinrict By the way I forgot to mention that my game is in French and I'm in France, so I guess we could say it's a worldwide problem? Do you know how long this could take?
Message 261 of 309 (642 Views)

Hero
@YungAngry Yes, I don't think it's dependent on your language.

as for the time frame, it depends on many factors like how fast can they find the source for the issue or can even repro it. As it seems to only affect certain systems, it might be harder (so this is why it's good if you all provide your infos so they can check several systems).

I wished I had a better solution but since I don't have the issue personally, I can't even do some testing or trying out different ideas myself.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 262 of 309 (788 Views)

Hero
@taffster74 I didn't say it was a Windows problem. I said it only seems to OCCUR on windows. Just like I didn't say it was an AMD issue but said it AFFECTS AMD mostly.

To fix an issue you do need to know for which platform it occurs on. Macs are different form Windows and XBox is different again and PS different form that. There's a reason why there are Tech forums for each platform.

The main reason this thread is here and not in PC tech is cause of the scraper EA uses to be aware of bugs.

There are so many lag issues and I'm currently not convinced everyone in here has the same issue.

Also, I'm neither a moderator nor in PR. I'm a volunteer HELPER like every person at AHQ that helps other users.

Please refer to the many stickies explaining the hero program and how the bug forum works like the one you were already linked in your other thread and this one: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Bugs-and-The-Sims-101-Everything-you-need-to-know/m-p/10727753...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 263 of 309 (792 Views)

Re: Sims 4 stops responding then continues every few seconds

@bucketoffroggs  I've merged your post with the master thread for this issue.  Please provide the other info requested in the first post on page one.  It would be helpful if you could attach your dxdiag to the post with the other info as well so everything's in one place.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 264 of 309 (735 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@crinrict Hello. Passing by here to update you. I use Origin (I tested it on the EA App and it's the same). I disabled SDX, went offline, and repaired the game, it didn't help. The game freezes every minute for 10 seconds. I don't have cc. Other games run normally in my low notebook. This error only happened after the update. Before that, I played on medium settings just fine. Thx for your time and concern.

Message 265 of 309 (546 Views)

Hero
@ArthieLefort Thank you for that info.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 266 of 309 (527 Views)

Hero
@Haengboknam I merged your post with the main thread on this. Sounds like the same issue,

Could you provide the info asked in the first post. Thank you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 267 of 309 (491 Views)

★ Pro
@crinrict I've been playing some today, and the main issue for me now, is that the game freezes up when reaching the main menu. It last for about 30 sec, give or take. When in-game I get occasional lags and freezes, but not to the point were the game is unplayable. This is in a new hood, with only the default sims and my Eco sim and her cat. Haven't dared to play my legacy hoods. Also, felt the need to thank you and Holger since I see what you have to put up with, and sorry if I came of as impatient when I first reported the lag. Was playing my game the whole day without issues, until the patch came along and right away it stalled my game, so it's definitely patch related. Anyway, thanks for the help with the drivers, and kudos. Ps. Is there a way to mute spammy users, or do we just have to live with them? Ds.
Message 268 of 309 (478 Views)

Hero
@BylineBelife Thank you. I'm glad to hear it got better for you. Since you're on Nvidia, your issue might be slightly different but for now I don't want to make you just through hoops in case it does affect different systems in different ways.

If you're still having issues after this gets officially fixed, we can revisit your lags.

I think you can only block users from sending you a PM.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 269 of 309 (461 Views)

Thanks @BylineBelife ! Standard smile

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 270 of 309 (468 Views)