Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] [PC] Lags/Freezes since Patch 1.88 (Pronouns)

by anibutterfly8

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice
@donna2625 neither me before i update my game is very smooth now loading take a long time to load and game lagging and simulation too

Message 231 of 309 (579 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? the latest
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except a few kits-bust the dust, country kitchen, throw back fit kit. Packs except spooky and my first pet stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just try and use the Sims 4, from start menu through CAS and Build.
What happens when the bug occurs? Just freezes or you click an item in CAS and it freezes for 10-20 seconds or just completely freezes. Happening during the loading screen now to, main screen.
What do you expect to see? A normal not bugged sims 4.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After the pronouns patch

first it just was CAS. I had to task manager it to close the Sims 4. Repaired the game in origin, started a complete new SIms 4. Took out all mods and cc. The issue is still there. Now im experiencing the issue from the main start menu through everything. 

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 232 of 309 (529 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
not is only pc! my friend have a ps4 game and have same problem! is global!
Message 233 of 309 (519 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Are you using Origin or EA App ? Origin

Also does it get better if you turn of SDX Delivers ? No idea what these are

Message 234 of 309 (611 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Also wanted to note that I also tried it in Offline mode and it still did not resolve the issue

Message 235 of 309 (610 Views)

★ Guide

Up for round two of uninstall and re-install. This time, I've deleted all mods and CC as well as sims 3 (which i installed after the bug hit) on the off-chance that installing Sims 3 may be interfering with Sims 4 Start-up. It shouldn't as I've also got Sim City 4 on this rig and have no conflict issues at all. But who knows ....

Now, quick question (and it may be a stupid one, but ...) has anyone downloaded either of the new kits (or both) and found the issue has resolved itself? Or are we all just too scared that doing so will make things even worse? Or, are we all just waiting for a fix to the fix before doing so?

Message 236 of 309 (576 Views)

★ Guide
@anibutterfly8 SDX delivery is "Sims Delivery Express". It's a new thing that's been a part of the game since beginning of this year or late last year (someone correct if i'm wrong regarding the length of time of SDX) that occasionally gives us small 'gifts' - ie, things that are to small to releases as packs or are unrelated to packs. the SDX can be found in options and it's towards the bottom, 3rd last in the menu i believe.....
Message 237 of 309 (570 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@taffster74 before i install the new kits i updated to 1.88 and the game begined be awful to play without kits by the way is wait for some fix
Message 238 of 309 (557 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Oh that thing. Yes I also tried turning that off and the issue is still present

Message 239 of 309 (543 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I haven't even tried grabbing either of them yet because I'm concerned it'll make the lag worse

Message 240 of 309 (540 Views)