Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] [PC] Lags/Freezes since Patch 1.88 (Pronouns)

by tainaNarteaga

Original Post

Re: Game running slow

★ Pro

Thanks for your help Holger. I'm getting to old to keep up with all the computer stuff. Nowadays I want and expect the computers to do it all for me.
Anyway, no difference in Sims4 though with the new driver, so I keep to playing my fresh hood and save my legacy hoods for when Maxis releases a fix.

Message 201 of 309 (629 Views)

Re: Horrible Lag

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in?Portuguese
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? I don't know
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Work, Tropical Island, University, Get-together, DineOut, Luxury Party Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Industrial Loft, Carnaval Streetwear, decoração exuberante. 
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Should see it just opening the main menu. I was stuck on my home screen for almost 45 minutes yesterday.
What happens when the bug occurs? Ever since the most recent patch on 05/24/2022, there's been a horrible lag making the game virtually unplayable for me as it keeps freezing completely every few minutes.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to play the game without a horrible lag.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The issue appeared after the patch that included pronouns in the game yesterday

Message 202 of 309 (562 Views)

★★ Guide

Are we going to wait for another few months before this gets fixed? Game freezes for 10 to 15 seconds every like 10 to 20 minutes. 

Message 203 of 309 (559 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@taffster74 Perfectly answer!!!
Message 204 of 309 (547 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I’m having the exact same issue. I’ve tried everything. It was working perfectly fine before the update Frown

Message 205 of 309 (543 Views)

Re: new patch is freezing game

Hero
@BHopper2 Does it also help with the freezing in the game or just to get into the game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 206 of 309 (539 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@crinrict 

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 207 of 309 (530 Views)

Hero
@BylineBelife Glad you got the drivers showing up now.

Could you also repost your config.log file ? Thanks.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 208 of 309 (522 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I couldn't agree more! I I know it has nothing to do with my computer or the cc in my game because literally 5 minutes before the update I had been playing for hours and my game was running perfectly. as soon as the update was installed is when this freezing started happening. so I know for a fact that its not my computer or cc. I've been playing the sims ion my exact pc for over 2 years.

Message 209 of 309 (519 Views)

★ Pro

@crinrict Here it is. Just played a bit. I will perhaps try one of my legacy hoods later tonight, after doing a proper backup first.

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 210 of 309 (539 Views)