Re: Game running slow

by YungAngry

Original Post

★ Guide

@YungAngry , according to me, as a fellow end-user, no the problem is not your computer - it's the patch and therefore an EA/Maxis issue. According to EA/Maxis (and, apparently, the moderators), the problem is with the end-user, AMD and anyone else who is not EA/Maxis. I do applaud your implied sarcasm, however. It's about time us end-users stood up to the corporates.

Message 131 of 309 (526 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

i have no idea what is an amd sorry, it's my first time experiencing such a lag that i can't fix myself. Like i know my computer isnt the strongest but i always managed, so i'd be kind of surprised if the problem was indeed me. But then again i've seen users play without any issue since the last update so idk. Hope they fix it soon tho

Message 132 of 309 (526 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] [PC] Lags/Freezes since Patch 1.88 (Pronouns)

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi,

Have been having the issue ever since the update. The game is continually freezing. The game will start not responding as soon as I start the game. It's currently unplayable!

I haven't had any lags before the update and now it lags/freezes and goes into not responding mode every few second. I have removed all my CC and mods and have played on a fresh game but the problem is still there. 

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 133 of 309 (501 Views)

Hero
@taffster74 No one ever said something other than that. It's def an issue with the patch. But not all players are affected so it's important to gather information so they know what to fix.

If you for example look at the mac forum, there are many issues that only affect certain mac models and hence EA needs to look into the issue for those systems. It's really an indication for EA where to look and fix the problem.

For PC it's always more complicated as you have so many different systems but there does seem to be a pattern here that AMD cards(low end Intel chips are affected while Nvidia seem not. This information helps EA to figure out where the problem lies.

So, what I find interesting for those who have posted their GPU info is that it's 0% for everyone so far. That shouldn't be the case. Mine goes up to 45% just when starting the game.

It's like the game doesn't use the GPUs at all.

Again, that's important info for the devs to find the source and fix it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 134 of 309 (502 Views)

Re: The Sims 4 - Customizable Pronouns Thread.

★★ Novice

Hi Since the pronomus update my game lags. I cant even play for five minutes befor i had laged three times.

Message 135 of 309 (504 Views)

Hero
@anneli1234 I moved your post over to the thread on lags. Could you please provide the info asked on the first page.

Thank you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 136 of 309 (499 Views)

★ Guide

@crinrict , this is why there should be a beta community - people who's job it is to test the patch/pack/game in beta mode pre-release to iron out all such bugs. And this is the first time that anyone from EA or a moderator has said "the problem is with the patch." Why not just say that in the first place, then ask people where/when the issues are happening and what systems/specs they're running? Why did have to take over a day and an open admission from EA that the issue is with the patch for moderators and EA team members to say "It's the patch"? Honestly, EA and the moderators have gone about this double-dutch. It shows how little PR experience moderators and EA have if its come down to an end-user having to tell people how things should be done. Or was it my beta comment? Or was it the fact that several people have responded in agreement with what I've been saying? Maybe I should be a moderator.

Message 137 of 309 (477 Views)

Hero
@taffster74 The CM has said it's being looked into by the Devs .. that does kinda implies to me that they think it's from their side.

I don't want to turn this into a discussion how something should be handled though. There are other threads for that like this one: https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Feedback/Bugs-and-The-Sims-101-Everything-you-need-to-k...

Would like to keep this on topic for collecting information going forward.

---------------------------

@RadTigerrr I merged your post into the collection thread for the lags. Could you please provide the information asked on the first page.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 138 of 309 (453 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] [PC] Lags/Freezes since Patch 1.88 (Pronouns)

★ Novice

Hi there .. First time posting but after the update yesterday I also had dreadful problems with game play.

Basically the same as others are experiencing .. constant lagging .. the blue circle and the " page non responding".

The game is un-playable .. I thought it was my internet and with my limited knowledge went through everything to

try to find out what was happening.

Obviously found this thread today and hopefully this will get resolved quickly.

Many thanks xx

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 139 of 309 (442 Views)

Re: Game freezes trying to exit out pop up annoucement May 2022

Hero
@MissNOFX OK. I merged your post over to the lag issue thread then.

Could you also provide the info asked in the first post. TYVM

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 140 of 309 (416 Views)