Re: Game running slow

by YungAngry

Original Post

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] [PC] Lags/Freezes since Patch 1.88 (Pronouns)

★★★ Apprentice

Not sure how to attach what you want, but when this started last night it was immediate at the home page and was getting stuck mid-screen load on the gallery. {edit: ah, figured that out... not sure how my config info is going to help...)

• Did you have lags before this update ? If so, where ?

I had lag before the update, but that was usually only during gameplay occasionally or going into CAS where it had to wait a minute to load all of the household.

• Where does the game lag now ? Everywhere or specific areas ?

Everywhere. 15 to 30 seconds at a time, and often, and trying to put households into lots or build was trying because it would freeze and stay frozen before eventually correcting.

• Do you play a fresh or an existing save game

Both fresh with no mods (at all, because last night was after an update), and existing with MCCC in play (to try to see if it was a weird LE going on that MCCC would reccognize). It was the same for both, but REALLY bad yesterday on a fresh save. I didn't keep that one.

• Are you using mods/cc and if so, have you tested without them ?

Without first, because updates automatically disable.

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 121 of 309 (629 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

...and the DXDiag thing, too... (Had to find that.)

Message 122 of 309 (600 Views)

★ Pro

Bad lagging, freezing and constant black screens right after patching last night. So glad I saw this thread, because after a huge hunt for the issue last night, I was about to reinstall the game today. Now I will have to play another game instead.

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 123 of 309 (566 Views)

★ Guide

not holding my breath or crossing my fingers, but as a last resort  I am reinstalling the entire game and all the packs i have (everything bar jaakku and mens fashion). this is a last resort. But i'm not holding my breath or crossing my fingers that it'll work. Rest assured, i'll be posting the results regardless of which way it goes.

Message 124 of 309 (543 Views)

@taffster74  I'm not sure how you went from "this is affecting many players but not all, so let's find out what the difference is" to "EA is passing the buck this issue."  The first step to solving a problem is properly diagnosing it, and the game runs badly is not a proper diagnosis.  If it turns out that the lag happens on only a subset of graphics cards or drivers, and the affected GPUs are on Sims 4's supported list, then it is absolutely incumbent on EA to address the issue, and I can't imagine that the developers wouldn't try to do so.

In general terms, it's the developer's responsibility to ensure that software runs properly on supported hardware and within a supported OS.  But the devs can't do that unless they know why something isn't working.  And the why can be illuminated by the which, as in, which configurations are affected.  That's where the information gathering comes in.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 125 of 309 (547 Views)

Re: Game lags after update May 22th

★★★ Newbie

i am also currently having this problem.

Message 126 of 309 (614 Views)

★ Guide

@puzzlezaddict , when moderator's and EA team initially say in response to an issue "give us this information", then shift to "well it must be this", rather than saying " okay, there is an issue reported, let us check from our end before we starting pointing fingers", then, yeah, EA is passing the buck. I've been playing the sims since it's inception in 2000. When Will Wright was still in charge, there was an established beta testing community that tested everything before it was released. I believe this was still the case with Sims 3 - at least in the early stages. But when EA decided to go the online option, it seems the beta community was shut out. This is why with sims , sims 2 and the early stages of sims 3, there were no issues with expansion packs - because the packs were tested by the beta testers, problems were reported and fixed before the pack was released. When a company cuts out the beta testers, what happens is what we see here with this patch - absolute failure and a refusal to admit that maybe, just maybe, it is the patch that has stuffed things up.

Message 127 of 309 (596 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.88.213.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Famous, Realm Of Magic,Cats and Dogs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? load game. it appears on main menu, in cas etc. extreme lagging and freezing, both when trying to click options and in general (the sims in cas will freeze even if you do not interact in any way)
What happens when the bug occurs? freezing, extreme lag.
What do you expect to see? no lag or freezing.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It appeared after i updated my game. I have already disabled custom content, did not help with the issue.

I also have this issue. It completely freezes for between 10-30 secs and this happens every 10-20 seconds. This happens in the main menu, CAS, gameplay etc. I have tried EVERYTHING: turning on and off my laptop, clearing pc space, deleting cache, playing with origin offline, removing mods, deleting sims completely (even deleting all remaining EA files- i was that thorough), deleting origin, repairing game 5 times and checking for updates. I have never experienced such issues before and the issue only started once i downloaded the pronouns update,and since all my mods are completely up-to-date and have been cleared for this update,the only logical explanation is that the update itself is the source of the problem. i have almost 400GB space free on my laptop and plenty of RAM so that is not the issue either. The lagging has become so bad that i cannot even create a new sim, much less play the game itself. 

I honestly believe that this sort of issue would not have happened; had EA properly beta tested this update for bugs etc before rushing to release it. Whilst i know that a large community of people were eagerly awaiting this update, myself included, we would have been more than happy to wait a wee bit longer if it meant we could actually play it and enjoy smooth gameplay.

Almost Forgot:

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 128 of 309 (564 Views)

Re: Game running slow

★★★★★ Novice

so is my computer the issue according to you?

Message 129 of 309 (540 Views)

@BHopper2  I don't think there's anything you can do on your end except wait for EA to fix it or offer a workaround.  I went over your dxdiag, and there's nothing that stands out as a potential issue.  That's not definitive of course; I'm just saying that there's no evidence of a problem on your system that would cause this.

Keep an eye on this thread for updates.  Given the volume of posts, I'd expect there to be more information or suggestions coming relatively quickly.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 130 of 309 (520 Views)