Re: Loading screen before playing takes too long

by Tashiiboo98

Original Post

Re: Game lags after update May 22th

★★★★★ Newbie

I thought it was because of some of my mods.I hope they're going to solve this issue soon :c also the update was today, I've put different date in here... T_T

Message 91 of 309 (1,217 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] [PC] Lags/Freezes since Patch 1.88 (Pronouns)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.88.213.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Parenthood, Tiny Living, Laundry Day, Nifty Knitting, Blooming Rooms, and Incheon Arrivals
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? For me it starts happening as soon as the main menu loads in, the mouse doesn't change when hovering over buttons, it takes almost a minute sometimes to load popups like the game options. It is even worse once loaded into a household.
What happens when the bug occurs? My game lags so badly I can barely enter my saves. The entire game including main menu is affected and takes minutes at a time to load a few seconds of the game before freezing again.
What do you expect to see? No lag that is bad enough to make the game unplayable.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After downloading the new pronouns update my game started lagging heavily, which sucks as I was really looking forward to using the new update.

Before the update my game ran smoothly with very little lag or glitches and now I can barely navigate the game menu. The game freezes for 30+ seconds to a few minutes at a time and will only run for a couple second before freezing again. I ran the diagnostics but my computer reported no problems for anything. I can barely enter my saves and get out of them after.

I have tried uninstalling and re-downloading my game and few packs to no avail. Hopefully EA addresses this soon because I can’t even play the game when it’s in this state. I also tried to repair the game on Origin but it did nothing. I recently bought some packs that worked fine, and I was playing the game a few days ago without lag like this.

Message 92 of 309 (1,299 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] [PC] Lags/Freezes since Patch 1.88 (Pronouns)

★★★ Newbie

Did you have lags before this update ? If so, where ? Hardly any lagging before, now it lags when I try to click things on the main page for resuming/starting new game, in the game mode, etc. Will freeze for 10 seconds or so, play for 10-30 seconds, then freeze again, etc. 

Where does the game lag now ? Everywhere or specific areas ? Everywhere

Do you play a fresh or an existing save game Existing game

Are you using mods/cc and if so, have you tested without them ?  No, never used

For Sims 4, CPU ranges from 50-60%, GPU mostly stays at 0, but I noticed it spiked every once in a while for 2 seconds to some random number (7, 15, etc.) and then immediately returns back to 0

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 93 of 309 (1,292 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Suddenly Lagging On My Laptop

Hero (Retired)

@jimblejamm The 2 biggest reasons for sudden lag is not enough free space on the system device or background processes running using large amounts of system resources (cpu usage, disk usage, or network usage). Open task manager and see if a process isn't hoggng the system. .

Message 94 of 309 (1,143 Views)

★★ Novice

I believe it's the new update. I did it last night and my game was working fine the days before, but after last night my game has been severely lagging. I even got rid of my mods to see if they were causing the problem. Turns out, they weren't.

Message 95 of 309 (1,134 Views)

Re: Horrible Lag

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

CPU Usage keeps fluctuating but highest it goes is 76.2%. Looks like GPU stays at 0%

Message 96 of 309 (1,203 Views)

★★★ Novice

Me too. I even uninstalled like 3 times. I’ve done everything. 

Message 97 of 309 (1,119 Views)

Re: Game freezes trying to exit out pop up annoucement May 2022

★★ Apprentice
@crinrict im not having the pop up issue...my issue is the game freezing every 20 seconds or so and it takes about 20 or so seconds to start responding again. i have no mods installed on my game.
Message 98 of 309 (909 Views)

Re: Loading screen before playing takes too long

★★ Novice

Hello @puzzlezaddict . My game loaded fairly quickly but once in game, it starts to lag really badly. The camera sticks, when scrolling, it sticks. The game is pretty much unplayable. I ran a dxdiag txt like you said. I've removed my mods folder completely from my laptop, I've deleted the localthumbcache.package and the game still sticks. What else can be done?

Message 99 of 309 (1,104 Views)

Re: Game lags after update May 22th

★★ Novice

@br0oklynb4by I ended up deleting all my mods just to find that it's not the mods *facepalm*. it started happening after the latest update. I've also followed along with some tips from some of the people trying to help but I'm still having issues. I hope this gets fixed soon.

Message 100 of 309 (1,105 Views)