Re: Horrible Lag

by tainaNarteaga

Original Post

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] [PC] Lags/Freezes since Patch 1.88 (Pronouns)

Hero
@QueenZoella118 Some of them are but your processor is below and all the specs are supposed to be above. I'm surprised you were able to play before.

Problem is that EA doesn't support below minimum systems. So if it works, great but if it doesn't you're unfortunately on your own.

This doesn't mean that when they fix the issue for others, there's no chance that yours will be back to working, there's just no way of telling.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 61 of 309 (1,126 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I'm having this issue too, and have never had this before the latest patch. It's not just in game, it's also in the main menu, CAS, B&B, etc. So everywhere. I've tried taking out my mods & cc and deleting cache afterwards, tested it but I still had the problem. I've tried repairing my game but that didn't do anything either. I have also tried going offline but that seemed to make it worse and it wouldn't even go past the loading screen so I had to restart my laptop. I have all packs except a couple kits.

I'm currently using a school laptop until I get my own, but I've never had any problems with running the game besides some minor lag.

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 62 of 309 (1,108 Views)

★★★★ Novice

My processor is the Intel Celeron right? i knew that was below. i've only had this laptop since early December 2021 and it works quite well. my laptop before this was dangerously below the minimum requirements and Sims 4 still worked. But yeah that's understandable and it's also fine. if push comes to shove i'll save up for a new laptop.

Message 63 of 309 (1,108 Views)

★★★ Novice

Did you have lags before this update? NO, was running perfectly fine until this fn update.

Where does the game lag now? From the Maxis slash screen, to the main menu, to the game options screen, in CAS, in live mode, the whole friggen game is laggy af. 

Do you play a fresh or an existing save game?  Both new and old

Are you using mods/cc and if so, have you tested without them?  Yes, removed MODS and the rest of The Sims 4 folder within My Docs/EA/  with same issue.

Have fun with my dxdiag file...  :P

Message 64 of 309 (1,217 Views)

Hero
@QueenZoella118 Yes, that's right.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 65 of 309 (1,217 Views)

Re: Sims 4 constantly freezing after update

★★★ Newbie

Here

Message 66 of 309 (1,211 Views)

Re: Sims 4 constantly freezing after update

Hero

If you are affected, lease send your save games via DM to @SimGuruNick as per instructions given here: INFORMATION] How to Send User Files to The Sims 4 Team

It's probably best to zip the whole folder as some people report issues even on the menu.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 67 of 309 (1,137 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

This is exactly what's happening to me! it freezes for about 10 to 15 seconds and then goes back to normal before it happens again within like a minute since the last time. sometimes I get the pop up box that says the sims 4 is not responding and I have to close the program. at first it was just annoying but then my game crashed and I lost all my progress so now I don't want to risk playing and loosing my progress again. its really annoying please someone help. I already took out all my mods every single one, I repaired the game 3 times and I even deleted the game from my PC and redownloaded it and that took 2 hours. someone please help me! hoping this fixes itself. I'm not having the same exact issue as the original thread but I've seen a few comments already having the same issue. its happening from the moment my game starts up, the loading screen, in live mode/build and buy and even in cas.

the freezing is happening from the second the first loading screen starts.

plz plz plz someone help me Frown

I'm very confused because i was playing 5 minutes before the game updated, i had been playing for a few hours and the game was fine. when I updated as soon as i went in it started. so I'm guessing it has nothing to do with my cc?? 

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 68 of 309 (1,132 Views)

Re: SIMS 4 LAGGING AFTER THE LATEST UPDATE

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.88.213.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Journey to Batuu, 
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start the game and as soon as you hit the home screen, everything is outrageously lagged.
What happens when the bug occurs? Game is lagged all the way through...start, live mode, building mode, options...everything. Basically, it is not possible to play it at all.
What do you expect to see? I should be able to play the game like before, smooth, fast, without lags.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes

Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. As I said, patch from 05/24/2022, when the pronouns was changed.

Message 69 of 309 (983 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
Marked as Solution for Visibility Purposes

Hey all,

This issue is currently with the Sims team for investigation. I'll provide any updates I get in this thread.

Thank you for all the information you've provided thus far to help us track this down.

EACade
Message 70 of 309 (4,291 Views)