Re: My sims 4 game keeps saying not responding

by crinrict

Original Post

Random freezing after Pronoun Update

★★★ Apprentice

Hello!

Having the same issue as others here. After the pronoun update, my game is now freezing for about 5 to 90 seconds, constantly. And these are at random, but average every 2 to 5 mins.

Steps I've done.

1. Launch game with mods disabled.

2. Launch game with MODS. (MCCC, TwistedMexi, UI Cheats)

3. Removed all mods, and launched new game in base game.

4. Factory Restore on Sims 4 settings, as described here on the help forums.

5. Uninstalled and reinstalled Sims 4.

6. Uninstalled and reinstalled Origin and Sims 4.

I saw in another thread about running the game in Origin Offline mode. I'll try that next.

DxDiag attached.

Let me know if there is anything else I need to post, or you would like me to try.

Message 20 of 309 (1,322 Views)

Re: my game is now virtually unplayable due to new patch

[ Edited ]
Hero

@MrSimbody While you are playing ? This thread is very specifically about the pop-up not going away and freezing the screen (to the point where you have to exit out the game).

It's turned into a bit of a collection now though.

If you have really bad lag issues it's better if you post in the tech forum of your platform, posting your computer/console info.

So, if you have issues pressing the cross on the update message, please remove your mods and make sure it's not mod related. If you are sure, use this thread.

If you have lag issues all over the game, please use this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/CURRENT-ISSUE-PC-Lags-Freezes-since-Patch-1-88-Pronouns/td-p/1... providing the info asked in the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 309 (848 Views)

Horrible Lag

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.88.213.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Available
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Should see it just opening the main menu. I was stuck on my home screen for almost 45 minutes yesterday.
What happens when the bug occurs? Ever since the most recent patch on 05/24/2022, there's been a horrible lag making the game virtually unplayable for me as it keeps freezing completely every few minutes.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to play the game without a horrible lag.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The issue appeared after the patch that included pronouns in the game yesterday

I made sure I deleted all the files I needed to before opening the game and I have no mods on currently .I know it doesn't have anything to do with space on my pc as I cleared space on it just a few days ago. I also ran two repairs on Origin yesterday and the issue is still present.

Message 22 of 309 (1,255 Views)

Re: Random freezing after Pronoun Update

★★★ Apprentice

UPDATE:

Offline mode had no positive effect.

Message 23 of 309 (1,242 Views)

Re: Horrible Lag

Hero
@anibutterfly8 Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

- Press Windows-Key + R
- Type: DxDiag
- Click on Save all Information.
- Attach the Text File to your post

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 309 (1,249 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Think this is what you need?

Message 26 of 309 (1,208 Views)

My sims 4 game keeps saying not responding

★★★ Newbie

The other day I downloaded Island Living and ever since my game has been freezing every 3-5 minutes and saying not responding. I took out my mods folder to see if that was the problem and it was the same. I repaired my game twice and restarted my computer multiple times. I checked my computers storage and memory and everything was fine. I feel like i'm running out of options and I don't know what to do.

Message 27 of 309 (1,177 Views)

Hero
@anibutterfly8 your graphics drivers are a bit old. Could you try updating those ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 28 of 309 (1,206 Views)
Highlighted

Re: My sims 4 game keeps saying not responding

Hero
@SlowSloth228 I merged your post with the main thread on the issue. Could you please provide the info asked on the first post ?

Thanks.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 29 of 309 (1,164 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] [PC] Lags/Freezes since Patch 1.88 (Pronouns)

★ Guide

I have the same problem since the pronoun update. The game freezes every 2 to 5 minutes for 5-15 seconds.  It happens in build mode and in live mode. DxDiag is attached. It's different then the usual lag in build mode. The game becomes completely unresponsive for a brief time period with this bug.

Message 30 of 309 (1,162 Views)