[FIXED] [PC/MAC] [XB1/PS4] June 3 Patch crash

by NoahLGP

Original Post

Sims 4 crashes after pressing play after origin update

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Newest
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Kid's stuff pack, dine out, university, city living, tiny house stuff, spa day
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By loading up the game and clicking the play button
What happens when the bug occurs? The game closes down when loading
What do you expect to see? The game to load up. It was fine until origin updated today and now it won't even load up. I have tried reinstalling the game and factory resetting and neither have done the trick.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It was after origin updated

Standard smile)

Message 61 of 485 (1,344 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] [PC/MAC] [XB1/PS4] June 3 Patch crash

★★★★ Novice

I'm also having this issue, but with more symptoms:

1) The graphic of the turning Plumbob on the load screen is glitching 

2) Some pack icons and settings icons on the "New Game" screen are messed up

Pictures attached, but I also took a video. The image for the Plumbob shows as though its only lines, but in the video you can see there are other thumbnail appearing and disappearing.

sims load screen.pngsims start screen.png

Message 62 of 485 (1,352 Views)

Re: PS4 Error CE-34878-0 loading ALL gamesave loads before June 2019

★★★ Pro

Exactly the same as me I've re installed my game and addons twice and it still hasn't helped all that work building and creating legacies for nothing how are we supposed to play the game now I can't even start a new game without it crashing over £500 pound spent for nothing.

Message 63 of 485 (1,265 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Same issue here, I cannot play my save games from yesterday. I can play some from April, but not any from 6/2/20. Crashed with mods on, and crashed with mods off. Really bummed since I played it almost all day yesterday, hope I don't have to go all the way back to April to preserve the past progress I've made on this world!

Message 64 of 485 (1,333 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@roropuff Did you repair your game through Origin ?

@katieph44 Merged your post

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 65 of 485 (1,311 Views)

Message 66 of 485 (1,257 Views)

★★★ Pro

Thank you.

Message 67 of 485 (1,254 Views)

Sims 4 update June 2020 won't load saved game

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

Had a Sims 4 update today. It now gets to the Load/New Game screen, when I click Load and select the last played family, I see the green Sims icon whirl round a few times and then the window just disappears??- no error ?

Tried:

- doing this multiple times

- restarting pc (Windows 10)

- create New Game - this works perfectly, can create a new family and move in and play 

- create The Sims 4 backup folder and

---- removing all new/"today" files from C:\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Tray

---- removing all files and adding back in - (ok, granted I haven't done this one by one file, but would assume it's the new files from today because play last night was fine)

Should I delete my last save in here C:\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\saves ? - is this safe ? what's the difference between a .save and .save.ver# ?

I have:

Slot_00000001.save (2015)

Slot_00000002.save (yesterday 9pm)

Slot_00000002.save.ver0 (yesterday 5pm)

Slot_00000002.save.ver1 (1/6/2020)

Slot_00000002.save.ver2 (1/6/2020)

Slot_00000002.save.ver3 (1/6/2020)

Slot_00000002.save.ver4 (31/5/2020)

What's happened??  Frown 

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. p.s. there are no mods. 

Message 68 of 485 (1,237 Views)

★★ Novice

Also having the same issue loading my game. I have no CC, no mods, all EPs installed and the game was working before the patch installed.

It always freezes at least twice before giving me the "The Sims 4 has stopped working" window

Message 69 of 485 (1,702 Views)

★ Guide

I have done everything I can think of so right now I'm literally wiping an entire console to factory default & redownloading the game & all add-ons. I expect to be done in 6 hours. The last time I had to do this it took literally 6 hours. It was back in Dec 2019 when the Univeristy expansion hard crashed my console every time I loaded the game. EA told me to call Sony & when I told them my 4th console was only 2 weeks old & should I call about ALL the consoles or just the most recently purchased console they literally never responded to me. If you've bought all DLC by now in USA it's $1,000 retail which is a LOT of money to spend on a digital blackhole.

Updates that make games crash on load are literally a dev nightmare, I know my husband is one. This sort of mess gives him nightmares. I'm trying not to be rude but holy hannah am I stressed right now!

Message 70 of 485 (3,218 Views)