[FIXED] [PC/MAC] [XB1/PS4] June 3 Patch crash

by NoahLGP

Original Post

Re: June 3rd update takes me back to xbox home screen

Hero
@ds5620 I merge your post with the master thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 41 of 485 (1,769 Views)

Re: [Xbox One] Game crashes when loading after 6/3 update

Hero (Retired)

@ds5620 They are aware.

"I've seen a number of reports of the game crashing when attempting to load a specific save file. We're investigating, so sorry for the trouble. In the meantime please just hold onto the broken save and try playing a different save or starting a new game." -SimGuruNick [Source]

Message 42 of 485 (1,821 Views)

How To Fix My Corrupted Save?

★★ Novice

After The June 2020 Update My Save Files Are CORRUPTED! Can Anybody Explain To Me. How To Fix This Problem? 

Message 43 of 485 (1,702 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] [PC/MAC] [XB1/PS4] June 3 Patch crash

★★ Novice

i deleted the whole game files and started a new game => it works

i loaded the new game with custom mods => it works

so i tried to load saved files that I used to play BEFORE June 3 patch => it doesn't work

Message 44 of 485 (1,763 Views)

★ Apprentice

Fair enough.  Apologies if I posted in the wrong spots or too many times.  Wasn’t sure where to post initially and didn’t want to get lumped into the PC posts as I was experiencing the issue on console.  Bug is game breaking btw, everything I load crashes.  Thanks for looking into, I won’t post again.  

Message 45 of 485 (1,730 Views)

★★ Novice

I am also having this issue (On PC, no mods installed/enabled)
I do have an ENB/Shader installed.

Message 46 of 485 (1,704 Views)

The Sims 4 – crash after new update (3rd June, 2020)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

SOLVED: This bug was fixed in the recent patch (5th June, 2020).

So I installed the new patch (June 2020) and tried to load my recent save. The problem is, game crashes instantly (at the loading screen, after entering the save). However, I noticed something quite... interesting/worrying? My latest saves are named eg. Slot_06214422.save. However, my older save files are Slot_0000006a, Slot_0000006c etc.

I am wondering whether the file name matters, for as this is the first time my game crashed during loading a saved game. Last time I've been playing TS4 was few hours before they realeased the update – everything was fine.

Anything I could do about it?

PS. I've already tried creating new The Sims 4 folder and starting game without any mods. It didn't help. Neither did restoring system.

Message 47 of 485 (1,657 Views)

PS4 Error CE-34878-0 loading ALL gamesave loads before June 2019

★ Guide

I own 4 PS4 consoles, 2 have Sims 4 installed. I cannot load a game save before June 2019 on either console. My game hard crashes to a blue screen with error code CE-34878-0. This is reproducable on both consoles 100%.

The Problem:
When I load my game I get to the X Start Game screen, then to the Splash Screen with the sales info. I can access the online gallery & view my own gallery content.

However, when I then try to select load game & actually load any game off my console the only save of my 10 save slots that will actually load is the oldest save from June 4th 2019. Every other save that I have will always 100% of the time show the green spinning plumbob & help text loading screens. The screens will always rotate to the 2nd help message, then crash to the console blue screen with the error message CE-34878-0 & would you like to report the crash. I have reported 14 crashes now in the last 3 hours.

I have done the following.
Restarted game

Restarted console

Hard Shutdown -> unplug -> rebuild database

Loaded save to cloud -> delete hard save-> redownload save off cloud

Moved game off external HDD to internal system

Tried going to Twitter for guru help but found myself literally looping through the assistance offered to someone else because entering PS4 in the form brings it back to the start of the form. That's frustrating.

The only thing I can think of left to do is reinitialize my entire console BOTH of them or reinstall the system hardware onto any of my consoles. I have 2 pro & 2 launch consoles to work with here & I'm more than a little annoyed that as far as I can tell the only solution left is to treat my hardware as though this update bricked this software or wait for a fix. I don't expect a fix anytime soon since I can't seem to actually report the problem to EA or Maxis. I have saved my files to a USB stick & am now literally reformating one of the consoles. If anyone know how to get info to the people who fix these things let me know. I've got data. Plenty of data. Who wants it?

Message 48 of 485 (1,537 Views)

Re: How To Fix My Corrupted Save?

Hero
@HueDeeDee It's a known issue, QA is looking into it. Merged your thread :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 49 of 485 (1,682 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] [PC/MAC] [XB1/PS4] June 3 Patch crash

★★★★★ Apprentice

Something interesting I've noticed is that, out of all my saves I made before the patch, the only one that doesn't crash is one where I did nothing but move a Sim into an empty lot.

Message 50 of 485 (2,538 Views)