[FIXED] [PC/MAC] [XB1/PS4] June 3 Patch crash

by NoahLGP

Original Post

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] [PC/MAC] [XB1/PS4] June 3 Patch crash

★★★★★ Newbie
@SimifyMeCaptain Yet you're complaining about our complaints?
Message 221 of 485 (829 Views)

Re: Sims 4 keeps on Crashing after update

★★★ Novice

I think that I'm having the same issue. It's only one save game that crashes all the other ones are fine and just like you I've put a lot of work into this game and I don't want to loose it.  I've tried restoring the old save file, doing the repair game option in Orign, turning down the graphics settings to medium and I've tried deleting the sims 4 folder in my documents and nothing seems to work. However when i loaded the exact same game file on a different computer and then turned off the wifi before Origin had a chance to update it worked just fine. So I'm now convinced that it is the stupid update causing my game to have issues.

Message 222 of 485 (623 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@SimifyMeCaptain Forgot I didn't have any rights to protest about not receiving something I paid for.
Especially on a community thread discussing the very problem we all share. What WAS I thinking?
Message 223 of 485 (820 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Auto Shut Down

★★★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict Yes, thank you for the link. It seems like a lot of people are having the same issues after the update. Everyone, keep in the loop by following the link puzzleaddict helpfully added. EA is on it and trying to resolve it.
Message 224 of 485 (546 Views)

Unable to load my saved game after the latest patch update

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Hi, I just have done the latest patch update. Of course, I removed Mods folder before the patch update, and ran the game.

I had no problem to start a new game but it keeps crashing to load my saved games without any mods and ccs. And I have this file after the game crash.

11.jpg

Of course, I always delete the cache files but the issue still there. I repaired the game but didn't help at all.

I tried to load 6 to 7 times and all crashed. Thanks.

[update]

I put all the mods and ccs back in, and tried to open a new game and it works without any problem. So it's not mods or ccs  issue I think.

[update]

15.jpg

I had a separate sims 4 folder haven't used any mods and ccs, and have no problem to load game on this. Only troubled  households are the ones used mods and ccs before the patch update. Removing mods folder entirely doesn't fix the issue. There's only one way to play game is creating a new game if you use mods and ccs. I lost my favorite sims..

Message 225 of 485 (612 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@SimifyMeCaptain wrote:

This thread is not for complaining about the game. You are making information harder for others to see and information for the gurus harder to find by flooding the thread with inane complaints.

🙄 lol they’re completely ignoring us.

Message 226 of 485 (797 Views)

★ Apprentice

The "gurus" claim they have everything they need to follow-up on the problem. This is where we need to be to protest that we are forced into unwanted updates. My game worked fine 12 hours ago....

Message 227 of 485 (1,030 Views)

Game crashes after update, corrupted save file?

★★ Novice

I just updated my game for the 6/3/2020 update. I can no longer open my save world. I can, however, open a burner world (an old legacy challenge that I abandoned), but not the one I actually play. 

I discovered this by going through the process for testing my game (https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/READ-FIRST-Troubleshooting-your-Game/m-p/3621199) - removed documents/ea/sims 4 file, and started adding things back. First step was adding back the saves folder. I did that and I cannot open my main save without it crashing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Message 228 of 485 (662 Views)

Game Crashing after 06/03/20 update!

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.133.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? No Vampires, No magic, or small pets everything else...yes!
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to launch game.
What happens when the bug occurs? game crashes during the plumb bob spin while loading. Never ever had this problem. I played this morning and all was fine. Did the big update tonight and problem started.
What do you expect to see? Game won't launch beyond main page and crashes.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After most recent update 06.03.20.

Message 229 of 485 (554 Views)

Re: Game Crashing upon loading save file - ps4

★ Apprentice

a solution does exist...un-update the update. 

Message 230 of 485 (1,018 Views)