[FIXED] [PC/MAC] [XB1/PS4] June 3 Patch crash

by NoahLGP

Original Post

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] [PC/MAC] [XB1/PS4] June 3 Patch crash

★★★ Novice
@SimifyMeCaptain yo I think you need to calm down. of course there are some people who are being irrationally mad at this bug, but this has happened multiple times. the sims 4 is pricey, and for the price, it isn't the best. I understand that people are mad because everyone's tired of this..,
Message 271 of 485 (922 Views)

@buski1108 @kieralemons and @afermo1  I've merged the thread you posted in into the master thread for this issue.  Please keep an eye on it for updates.  In the interim, don't delete your saves, just set them aside and play a different save for now.

Feel free to click Me Too on the first post as well.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 272 of 485 (969 Views)

★ Apprentice

After reading about all these problems, I will not dare get this patch, no matter how much I was looking forward to it.

Sorry EA, but one doesn't expect their games to have so many problems.

Message 273 of 485 (867 Views)

★ Guide

It would be great if we could get a "reverse from latest patch" option until this is solved, so that we can still play the game.

Message 274 of 485 (821 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@ashleyiiii The only other time something has happened to save files was November 2018 when Father Winter's children disappeared. You may be remembering issues that were actually due to broken mods.

Message 275 of 485 (849 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@puzzlezaddict 

Thanks! Will you please link to the master thread? I'm seeing a few on this topic. 

Message 276 of 485 (837 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@LaurenVillone This is the master thread. Your post was merged

Merged several threads into this one

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 277 of 485 (803 Views)

Can't start save file

★ Novice

After today's update I haven't been able to start up one of my save files.

Whenever I start it up the entire game crashes after being in the loading screen for a few seconds. Other save files work just fine.

I've got no clue if or how I can fix this so I hope someone can help me out.

I've got no mods installed and have all packs, I'm on a windows computer.

Message 278 of 485 (573 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi, for some reason, I can only 'reply' to a comment rather than create a post - so apologies for linking this to your comment.

I am new to the forum, as everyone else I have similar issues since the new update.

My only question is: How will I know when this is resolved? I don't tend to use this forum at all (I only came on to troubleshoot my issue and stumbled across this page)

I'm hoping, obviously, that there is a 'new' update available to us all that corrects this issue, but if that isn't the case and some instructions are provided on how to fix this error - how will I be informed?

Thanks

Message 279 of 485 (693 Views)

Game crashes while trying to load a save

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Polski
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.133.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get together, Holiday celebration
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to open a save?
What happens when the bug occurs? I try to open one of the saves after updating the game, the game loads for a few seconds, then the game crashes and closes completely. Other saves don't crash the game.
What do you expect to see? There should be no problem with loading a save.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I updated the game to 1.63.133.1020, then tried to repair the game

After updating the game to 1.63.133.1020 I tried to open one of the saves. The game crashed and closed after a few seconds of loading. It occurs even after removing all of the custom content and repairing the game. Other saves work perfectly fine.

Message 280 of 485 (671 Views)