Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [PC/MAC] [XB1/PS4] June 3 Patch crash

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Français
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.133.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All the packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Load an existing savegame
What happens when the bug occurs? The game freeze and crash during loading screen
What do you expect to see? The game should show the world map
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made.

Hi,

My recent savegames make TS4 crash

MCCC7 savegame... crashed (First time this mod is installed)
EP08 Discover University savegame... crashed
GP08 Realm of Magic savegame... crashed
GP07 StrangerVille savegame... crashed

EP06 Get Famous savegame... works !

There is no issue with my 3 recent empty savegame (1 household) .

Message 12 of 485 (18,475 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game Crash after June Update- Mac

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Hi everyone,

A new update is now available on console as well:

We have a small but important update for you to address some critical issues that affect all players across Xbox One and PlayStation 4. Thank you for your reports and assistance in tracking down these issues.
- Fixed an issue in which the game crashed or quit upon loading game saves that were created prior to the June 3rd update.
- Fixed an issue in which Error code 122:1c9cf40 would appear and loaded the Manage World screen and prompted Simmers to restart the game.

With this, the crashing issue when loading your saves should no longer happen. Standard smile

If you are still experiencing any issues after updating, please, look for a topic describing the same issue your game has or open a new thread .

Thank you,

-Mai

View in thread

Message 484 of 485 (10,014 Views)

All Replies

Game Crashing upon loading save file - ps4

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.25
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Stop the crashing.
What happens when the bug occurs? Whenever I load my save file on the main menu, it tries to load for a couple seconds then immediately crashes. With the error code CE-34878-0
What do you expect to see? It not to crash.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Newest patch 1.25 on June 3rd 2020.

Message appears:

An error has occured in the gollowing application:

(CE-34878-0)

The Sims 4

Message 1 of 485 (17,804 Views)

Crash when loading a save after june 2nd update

★★★ Novice

What is your operating system ?
Windows 10 home, Versión 10.0.18362 compilación 18362

At what point does your game crash ? Any regularities ?
After the Origin client installed the june 2nd update, I started the game and loaded my save. The loading screen is showed and then after a few seconds I get a windows dialog saying that the game stopped working. Is a load a different save it loads successfully but my main save can't be used again.

Which EP/SPs do you have installed ?
EPs: Island living, seasons, cats and dogs, city living, get together and get to work.
GPs: Parenthood, outdoor retreat

Are you using custom content and mods in your game ?
I was using mods but I tried emptying the whole mods folder and the problem persists.

I also tried to empty my whole "mydocuments\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4" folder and started the game. I could start a new save without problems but when I copied my old saves folder the problem appeared again.

Thanks!

Message 2 of 485 (18,792 Views)

Re: Game Crashing upon loading save file - ps4

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @moneliza97,

I'll move your thread in with an active thread reporting crashing after loading saves following the update today. These specific steps shared by @PoptartJuniper may help. Click the spoiler tag directly below to view them. 

Spoiler

@PoptartJuniper wrote:

If the crash is happening with the error code more than one time, there are a few troubleshooting steps for your specific Error Code. I would suggest checking all updates manually and not relying on the auto update on your PS4. Go through the steps one at a time and see if the game stops crashing after each step.

1. Turn off Your system completely, let it sit for a few minutes and power it back on. 

2. Make sure your game is up to date. 

• Go to the PlayStation home screen. 
  • Highlight the game you want to update and press the Options button on your controller.
  • Select "Check For Update" and install any updates that are available.
  • Reboot your PlayStation 4.

3. Make sure your Console system software is up to date. PS4 just released a software update not long after Sims updated.

• Select Settings at the top of the PlayStation home screen.
  • Choose "System Software Update" and allow any system updates to install.
  • Reboot your PlayStation 4.

4. Uninstall and Reinstall the Game. 

• Go to Settings > Application Saved Data Management > Saved Data in System Storage > Delete.

• Select a game or application.

• Set check marks beside the data you wish to delete or Select All.

• Select Delete > then OK to confirm your decision.

5. Drastic Steps. Backup your Drive.

• Put the original Hard drive back in if you have replaced it. 

- EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 3 of 485 (17,795 Views)

Re: Crash when loading a save after june 2nd update

★★★★★ Novice

I am having exactly the same problem. 

I've got the report from dxdiag. 

Appreciate any help.

I  also repair a game and clear cache but that didn't help.

Frown

Message 4 of 485 (18,797 Views)

EA app Team
@PaganTongue Thanks for such a detailed and organized post!

Would you be willing to share the save that's not loading with us? If so, please, read how here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/td-p/606...
Message 5 of 485 (18,781 Views)

EA app Team
@playmouthx Are you using any mods or CC in your game? If so, please, try again without them as some of your mods/CC may be causing compatibility issues with the new version of the game.

If that doesn't help, could you check if it's happening with all your saves or only specific ones?

Thanks,
-Mai
Message 6 of 485 (18,793 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I don't have any mods or cc just the genuine packs from ea.

It's happening with my new saves not with the old ones Frown 

Literally can't run the game coz every time I choose button play the game crashes after 5 second of loading.

@EA_Mai 

Message 7 of 485 (18,779 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hi @EA_Mai ,

Thank you for your quick answer, I attach the save: deleted

also attach the lastCrash.txt: deleted

As @playmouthx sais, I also tried repairing the game from Origin and it did not solved the issue either.

Message 8 of 485 (18,770 Views)

EA app Team
@playmouthx Thanks for checking that, and sorry to hear you are experiencing this. Would you mind doing one more test? Repair your game by right clicking on it on Origin and choosing 'Repair'. With this we will make sure it's not caused by something going wrong during the download.

If after repairing your game it's still not working, would you be ok sharing the saves that are not loading with us? This is how you can do it: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/td-p/606...
Message 9 of 485 (18,770 Views)