Re: [BG] June 3 Patch crash

by wallaosg

Original Post

★ Apprentice
@SimifyMeCaptain Honestly it doesn't matter. 2 days, 1 day, etc. They basically are blaming everybody else instead of taking responsibility and acknowledging they screwed up.
Message 371 of 485 (1,326 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Game Won't Load

Champion (Retired)

@Simstape 

Known problem. EA is working on a possible fix. In the mean time load another save or start a new game.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 372 of 485 (680 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Zildywen Starting a brand new game seems to be working. However; not being able to load my saved games (Before the new one) it not acceptable. That's a lot of time put into my Sims and the game to just give up on. So far, the "new game" hasn't had issues loading, even with mods installed / turned on.
Message 373 of 485 (1,303 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Game Won't Load

★ Apprentice
@jpkarlsen Thanks for the fast reply. Where do you find info about such "known global problems"? (My first day in the forum). Apparently the info I found in FAQ was not updated. Standard smile
Message 374 of 485 (658 Views)

Re: Sims 4 crashing after update (June/2020)

Champion (Retired)

@Tiibeti 

This is a known issue (not related to Windows 10). EA is working on a fix. In the meantime load another save or start a new game.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 375 of 485 (841 Views)

Sims 4 not loading after update

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Following immediately last night's update, Sims 4 now crashes upon load. I get as far as the main menu, but if I click Play or Load Game the whole thing just shuts down. 

I have tried the following already: 

• Deleting the MODs (which were disabled following the update)
  • Delete the cache
  • Rebooting the computer
  • A virus scan: came out clean
  • Uninstalling, then reinstalling, sims
  • Unistalling then reinstalling BOTH sims and Origin (this was painful. it's taken all day)

Since that final uninstall/reinstall I can get into the game using the New Game option and start from scratch. However I had backed up my saves file from before and if I move this file into The Sims 4 folder and hit Load Game and select one of me prior families it once again crashes as it tries to load. 

I saw that a few people are having similar issues. If someone could let me know if/when EA fix this, or if there is something I have missed/not tried/done incorrectly please let me know. Husband is considering wiping the entire PC because of this, but don't want him to go through that effort if it's just a Sims thing. 

*Addition: The above relates to BOTH our PC and Laptop HOWEVER interestingly enough my daughters Sims game on the PC works totally fine following the update, the issue is ONLY with my game. The difference between us is I have several more packs/expansions than she does. This implies the issue is with a pack interfering with the update. 

Message 376 of 485 (698 Views)

Re: Sims 4 not loading after update

★★★★★ Newbie
@Willowdragon1988 My game doesn't crash, but it is unplayable. Can't select anything and menu doesn't respond. I tried creating a new game, but same issue. I saw an EA post to create a new or load another game but it is futile!
Message 377 of 485 (685 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I started a new game and this is all I can see, no option bar, build mode available etc..am I doing something wrong or is it because of the crash??

Message 378 of 485 (1,032 Views)

★ Guide
@michaelllaa Do you use the Ui Cheats mod?
Message 379 of 485 (1,017 Views)

Re: sims 4 save game corrupt

Champion (Retired)

@celineparkyx 

This is a known issue. EA is working on a fix. In the meantime load another game or start a new game.

Message 380 of 485 (571 Views)