Re: [BG] June 3 Patch crash

by emmybridget

Original Post

sims 4 save game corrupt

★★★ Novice

Hi,

I've just updated my origin and sims 4 game and I've tried playing the game with my previous save file. The game loads fine until I load any game file or back-up saves I have. Starting a new game works fine however I obviously have put a lot of dedication into my previous game. I've tried cleaning the sims files and origin, repairing the game and placing each save file in separately to see if they're all corrupted and unfortunately they all crash. Soon as I try to load them the whole game closes and I'm back onto my origin screen. I have no Mods or CC but have every pack. Is there any help I can get with this? I have used the DX Diag but cannot add the last crash text file.

Many Thanks

Message 361 of 485 (515 Views)

★★★★ Novice

"It's been over 2 days"

It hasn't even been 24 hours. Are you all so desperate to whine that you've lost track of time?

Message 362 of 485 (1,095 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Has anyone been able to contact ea support? when i try to it just gives me a link to answers hq. 

Message 363 of 485 (1,097 Views)

Re: Crash when loading a save after june 2nd update

★★ Novice
@EA_Mai
Same problem here. No mods, no cc
The following savegame is crashing. Smaller savegames (10MB) worked

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1S3Iekqu_qPw89Jy6qVaYUji35Jix4DSs/view?usp=sharing
Message 364 of 485 (1,171 Views)

Re: my sims 4 keeps crashing while trying to re load a saved game

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hello, this is happening to me as well. I am using a Mac. Repairing the game still didn't help. What do I do? I don't have any mods or add ons.

Message 365 of 485 (531 Views)

Sims 4 Game Won't Load

★ Apprentice

Hi,

This problem arose yesterday (6/3/2020) after the installing the latest Sims 4 update. 

Problem: The Sims 4 starts as usual, and I get to the main menu. However, my saved game won't load (after pressing play/load) and the game crash at the second plumbob screen (before reaching the world). - No error message.  

I have tried:

Restarting the Sims 4, restarting the PC and restarting Origin. 

Recovering the saved file in the game.

The "repair game" function in Origin.

Removing cache files and then restarting the PC and Origin.

Removed the "Mods" file.

So, now I turn to you. I hope that there are some kind simmers out there that can help me. Standard smile

/Emma

Message 366 of 485 (582 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I can load a save from 2 years ago but not my current one.  I have over 7000 hours on this game and more than half of them were on my current save.  There's a reason I stopped playing the old one. Don't want to go back to it.  I have 6 or more generations played on 50 of the 72 played houses I have.  That's a lot of work to give up on.

Message 367 of 485 (1,027 Views)

Re: I just got the June 3rd download and my game won't start

★★★ Newbie

well guess I won't be playing my sims 4 for a while since this new update messed up my game. thanks a lot you guys.

Message 368 of 485 (635 Views)

Sims 4 crashing after update (June/2020)

★ Novice

Hi!

I loaded the new update on my PC (Windows 10). I can access to my Sims 4 saved games folder after launching the game, but when I select one I played the most and try to load it, the game crashes without a warning or an error code. It worked fine before the update. I had CC on my saved game, but I tried to disable them and try to load it then but the same thing happens. I can load some other saves witch had CC on them and I can make a new game and load it after closing my game. I already tried to make a backup and rename it. The game greated automaticly new Sims 4 folder and I transferred my old saves to it. Still won't work. I tied to "fix game" -option from Origin, but it still can't load my save. I read some other people have experienced the same, but were on MAC if I understanded correctly. Is there something I can do to fix this?

Thank you for your help.

Message 369 of 485 (867 Views)

Re: Game Crashing upon loading save file - ps4

★ Apprentice
@SimifyMeCaptain But there is a solution... roll back the patch since it obviously doesn't work and actually fix it / test it in a testing environment BEFORE they roll it out again.
Message 370 of 485 (1,355 Views)