Re: I just got the June 3rd download and my game won't start

by thecuriousrobot

Original Post

Re: [BG] June 3 Patch crash

★★★ Novice
@SimGuruNick Have you got an update for us? It's been over 2 days.
Message 341 of 485 (950 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] [PC/MAC] [XB1/PS4] June 3 Patch crash

★ Apprentice

This sucks.  The bugs, the timing, the lack of communication...everything.  From the amount of bugs being posted it makes me wonder who tested this update?  There’s no way it could have been.  Somebody was asleep at the wheel.   Regardless, we’re stuck in this mess now, a little communication with the community would go a long way.  Something more than just “We’re aware of the problem and working on a fix”.  Have you identified the issue/issues (cause there are more than one)?  Is it fixable?  Is there a team working on it and do you have a timeframe on a patch/fix?  Is rolling back this crappy update an option?  How long are we expecting to wait?  Days? Weeks? Months?  Bad timing with your new eco warrior expansion coming out.  I won’t be buying it now and I would imagine others aren’t either.  Not trying to be negative, just hoping for a little communication from EA to help ease the frustration.

Message 342 of 485 (917 Views)

Hero
@Chynapetal Is it just certain saves ? Can you start a fresh save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 343 of 485 (393 Views)

★ Apprentice

I can start a new game but I can't open my save files. That's not very cool.

Message 344 of 485 (390 Views)

Re: Game shutdown after main menu screen

★★★ Novice
@crinrict certain saves. I really dont want to start a new save since I've done so much to my current save...
Message 345 of 485 (802 Views)

★ Apprentice
@crinrict
I can start a new game but I can't open my save files.
Message 346 of 485 (360 Views)

Re: I just updated my Sims 4 game on the new patch for june 2020,

★★★★★ Newbie

I have the exacts same problem... 

Message 347 of 485 (829 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi.  I did start a New game.  Then I exited and was able to load it again.

None of my existing games will load.

Message 348 of 485 (351 Views)

Re: Game shutdown after main menu screen

Hero
@arabsimsmerah Merging your post with the master thread then. It's a known issue currently and it's being worked on.

For the moment, all you can do is start a new one but you can go back to your old after EA fixes this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 349 of 485 (793 Views)

Re: Sims 4 keeps crashing after update

★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict After I select "Load Game", I then choose the save I want to play, it brings up Sim credits very briefly as if its about to load then immediately crashes. No error codes, nothing. However, when I tried another save - no issues or crashing.
Message 350 of 485 (510 Views)