Re: Crash when loading a save after june 2nd update

by CaitlinBlair

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

I am just now noticing that you can, in fact, turn off automatic updates on Origin. Just putting this out there for anyone else who hasn't seen that feature. I wish I would have turned them off sooner! 

Message 321 of 485 (883 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] [PC/MAC] [XB1/PS4] June 3 Patch crash

★ Guide

Thanks to all you for bringing up this bug... totally made me dodge a bullet here.  I'll keep my game from updating at least until this is fixed and maybe longer.

It's too bad they don't give the developers enough time to test these patches or at least have a very easy way to revert back to previous old versions for people who didn't backup the game before it autoupdated.

Remember the Lin-Z Smart Speaker from a bit over a year ago?  That fun item actually corrupted saves if you used it, fun times were had by all... so all I can say is just backup your saves, and sit back and hope for the best.

Message 322 of 485 (836 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I remember a time when you had to do the updates or you couldn't play the game.  Did that change?

Message 323 of 485 (935 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I’ve been checking this forum on and off now all day hoping for some news and we’ve had nothing! Like all of us, I’ve poured a lot of money and time into this game and don’t feel like I can play any more if I loose my save with everything in. So frustrating that they never seem to adresse anything or give news at all anymore! Hopefully Paralives will be better that’s my hope for the future haha...

Message 324 of 485 (903 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

@DaleMcNutt I am still thinking that may be the case. I have TS4 on two different PCs, so when I get back to my main PC this evening, the one that has not been updated, I will see if I am able to boot up the game without getting the update and come back to report my findings. 

Message 325 of 485 (903 Views)

Re: Game Crashing upon loading save file - ps4

★ Guide

@CrypticKam wrote:

I used to play an mmo that had an extra server just to let people test what was coming out for the next update. It was meant to have customers report anything that was not right. Once everything was good it went live. Kind of  a fail safe. Keeps this absolute devastation from happening. All large games should have this.

Back when developers were more careful, they did have test servers.  Actually Ultima Online was released back in 1997 and it had a test server they would release patches on first... it did help make the patches on the real servers go more smoothly.

Funny part is, UO was run and developed by Origin, which is now gone, but they tossed the Origin name onto the god awful launcher they now use for their games.

Sims 4 is played by such a huge amount of people, having a test build of the game would allow thousands to test it first, and allow players to report bugs, it would be a very good way to have mass beta testing on large patches and avoid these constant disasters.  Having a developer "test" a game on a sanitized small save file is meaningless, you gotta test it on a wide scale of saves with many variables.

Message 326 of 485 (888 Views)

Re: Game Crashing upon loading save file - ps4

★★★★★ Newbie

@Gooseyness wrote:

Back when developers were more careful, they did have test servers.  Actually Ultima Online was released back in 1997 and it had a test server they would release patches on first... it did help make the patches on the real servers go more smoothly.

Funny part is, UO was run and developed by Origin, which is now gone, but they tossed the Origin name onto the god awful launcher they now use for their games.

Sims 4 is played by such a huge amount of people, having a test build of the game would allow thousands to test it first, and allow players to report bugs, it would be a very good way to have mass beta testing on large patches and avoid these constant disasters.  Having a developer "test" a game on a sanitized small save file is meaningless, you gotta test it on a wide scale of saves with many variables.

@Gooseyness Well said!! You'd think this would be standard protocol by now... 

Message 327 of 485 (1,005 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@CaitlinBlair  Thank you!

Message 328 of 485 (957 Views)

Re: I just got the June 3rd download and my game won't start

★★★ Novice
@EA_Darko TheSims4.
Message 329 of 485 (627 Views)

Re: I just got the June 3rd download and my game won't start

★★★ Novice

oops... PC