Re: The sims 4 crashes while loading after new patch

by Rivii111

Original Post

Re: Crash when loading a save after june 2nd update

★★★ Newbie
Message 291 of 485 (726 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I was on live chat with EA an they said that they are working on a solution as they are very aware that a majority

of people are having this problem. I guess our only option is to wait for a solution. ughhh.

Message 292 of 485 (738 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict New game works fine, just my save one doesent (im not playing in that save file, just building whole cities from scratch) so i have lot of houses there saved Frown
Message 293 of 485 (716 Views)

Hero
@Rivii111 I merged your post with the master thread than

EA is aware and working on a fix.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 294 of 485 (708 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I am on a top tier PC and having the same problem. I backed up all my saves removed CC and only a new save works for me, the new save works perfectly but loading up my old save makes the game load for a bit then the sound cracks out and the game crashes. 

Message 295 of 485 (1,039 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I am having the same issue on my PS4. I don’t have any mods, but I have all of the game packs.  It’s crashed so many times after the update that it’s getting really frustrating. I could never play the Actor career because it never let me go to work, but now, I can’t even play the game at all. 

Message 296 of 485 (1,033 Views)

★★ Guide

I had 8 saves in my saves folder and when trying to load 1 of them (the main one), my game crashes.  The other 7 loaded fine.    I tried a pre-patch copy of the same save and it also crashed.

I have all the packs.

Message 297 of 485 (996 Views)

Re: [BG] June 3 Patch crash

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PS4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.25
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed?

4 seasons, cats and dogs, city living, get to work, magic Realm, strangerville, jungle adventure, parenthood, vampires, dine out, my first pet, toddler stuff, vintage glamour, kids room, spooky stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open any save before the patch
What happens when the bug occurs? Game crashes upon launching save files
What do you expect to see? Game opens correctly and I'm able to play my saves.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No. Console players can't use them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes, the lastest one.
Please describe the patch or change you made. All saves worked fine yesterday. As of right now, after just installing the patch, game is crashing when loading saves.

Message 298 of 485 (920 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I have the same problem, game crash when i load my last played file.

Now i dont play sims that often lately. So i have some OLD files from 2019-2018 and all my other files are just working fine!
only the last played file (from 2020) is crashing, and that is my building file.
lucky my main play game is not the last played file so i can play sims 4.

But sinds i'm more of a builder its kinda sad that the file would not loadde. i wish i had uploaded all the new buildings to the gallary but i did not jet do that.

Message 299 of 485 (767 Views)

★ Guide

Apologies for the confusion, Unfortunately PS4 probably does not have any settings that can be changed unless an EA person knows them. I play Sims 4 on a PC with Windows OS.

Message 300 of 485 (810 Views)