Re: Game Crashing upon loading save file - ps4

by mrstank30

Original Post

Re: Game crashes after update, corrupted save file?

★★★★ Novice

Oh God, me too. Slot_00000002.save I tried repairing the game, removing mods, putting the saves back in the new save folder (after repairing the game). Nothing works! Only starting a new one, or loading another world (Slot_00000003) which it's not my main one. Please, I don't want to lose an 8-month story because of an update. 

Message 251 of 485 (683 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Crashes

★★ Novice

me too! i also tried repairing the game and deleting all of my mods. no luck

Message 252 of 485 (659 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] [PC/MAC] [XB1/PS4] June 3 Patch crash

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

@HollySue1966 Exactly. My game was was working just fine this afternoon, before the update. The update happened automatically. Ever since, I have not been able to load my main save file, of which I have spent three years on. Multiple hours of building, creating families and relationships throughout every neighborhood, so many memories with my sims... I am very proud of and attached to that save file. If a patch isn't released that fixes this issue and I lose the ability to play that main save forever, I will no longer be playing The Sims. I have been playing The Sims for 20 years, ever since the original. I have all 32 current packs. To lose three years'  worth of gameplay on one save... I just can't come back from that. This is unacceptable. 

I am having the same issue as most of you, btw. Every time I attempt to load my main save file, the game crashes. All of my old and/or barely used save files work, though. I backed up my save files before the update, and even trying to use those instead, does not fix this issue. I deleted all mods. That was never the issue, either. I have updated my drivers. I have cleared the cache. Nothing has worked. 

WE NEED A SOLUTION ASAP. 

Message 253 of 485 (922 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I have same problem

Message 254 of 485 (962 Views)

save files wont load after Jun 2020 update

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

After updating the game with the Jun 2020 update, I am unable to load my game save files. I am currently able to load the main screen and the gallery. None of my save files (including the older files) can work. Origin repair function is not helping as well. In addition, I don't use any cc or mods in my game folder so I do not think it is a cc/mod issue. In terms of the state of my current save file, there are some lots (residential and community lots )that I have not finish building yet and there is also my current game progress as well. I do use the common building cheats (e.g. moveobjects/hiddenobjects)  or some gameplay cheats and not sure if those will cause the issue. 

I have also  tried starting a new game from scratch by backing up my Sims 4 folder first and then let the game create a new Sims 4 folder. The brand new game file is able to load and run. After that, I copied the tray and saves folders that I backed up into the brand new Sims 4 folder and tried to load my game again. None of the save files is still able to load, including the older save files from a few days ago.

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: Windows 10 Laptop
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Everytime I try to load the game(100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed?  Spa Day, Vintage Glamour, Movie Hangout, Get to Work, Island Living, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Perfect Patio, City Living, Get Together, Tiny Living, Discover University, Seasons, Laundry Day, Parenthood
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When trying to load the game
What happens when the bug occurs? Game Crashes and application exits itself. Crash log file created in sims 4 folder.
What do you expect to see? Game file loads
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? None.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes, June 3 update. Version 1.63.133.1020.

Message 255 of 485 (753 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] [PC/MAC] [XB1/PS4] June 3 Patch crash

★★★★ Novice

At the time of this comment, if is 1:30 on the east coast, and 9:30 on the west coast.

They're HOME. 

They are HUMAN BEINGS.

This is their JOB, and that job ENDS at some point in the day. They are not robots built to server you. They're not ignoring you, they simply have human rights and get to go home at some point during the day. Grow up. Good lord.

Message 256 of 485 (940 Views)

★ Guide

I used to play an mmo that had an extra server just to let people test what was coming out for the next update. It was meant to have customers report anything that was not right. Once everything was good it went live. Kind of  a fail safe. Keeps this absolute devastation from happening. All large games should have this.

Message 257 of 485 (1,003 Views)

Re: Sims 4 keeps on Crashing after update

★★ Novice

I definitely think it must be the 'update'. Yesterday, my game was working great - today, 4 of 7 save files crash when I try to enter them. Also, I've never used mods or CC & I've 'repaired' my game multiple times. Here's hoping they release a 'proper' update soon - the save file I want/need to get into, I don't have a back up of nor have I saved any of the families I've been working on.

Message 258 of 485 (870 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide

At the moment, starting a new world, new game, new family works for me.  I do hope there is a fix for the family I was playing as there was a lot of time invested in degrees, kids, etc... and I had just completed a new build home for them that I loved and haven't uploaded any of it to my gallery yet.  But at least I can play and hope in the meantime they will fix the rest.

Message 259 of 485 (1,028 Views)

Re: Sims 4 keeps on Crashing after update

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I have the same problem. I don't use mods/cc and I have deleted all puter temp files, moved the entire EA folder out to let the game create a new ditto, moved my saves and tray back in and repaired game. Still crashes though as soon as I try to load any of my new or older games unless I open a more or less unplayed/barely played game, then it loads.

Message 260 of 485 (879 Views)