Re: Crash when loading a save after june 2nd update

by ningnomaningnong

Original Post

Re: Crashes after new patch update 06/03/2020

★★★ Newbie

I've also tried to repair it multiple times in origin. 

Message 241 of 485 (526 Views)

Re: Crashes after new patch update 06/03/2020

★★ Pro
@Bookloversarcasm Has no problem with starting a new game but loading the saved games keeps crashing.
Message 242 of 485 (528 Views)

★ Guide

@TwinGoddessLA I really don't understand what you are saying about some sort of helper file at all as I primarily play on PS4 so any windows Origin suggestions likely aren't going to help me at all.

However I can say this which might be relivant to what you are saying.

My old Console save slots all are labeled Save 1, Save 2 etc in the PS4 system file manager. In my game these saves are all labeled Jones Family, CAS, etc but Sony does not recognize that data they are just labeled with a number 1-10. However, now that the update has ruined all those old saves when I create a new game save & change the save name to FML the save is called FML in the PS4 system file manager! This is very new as game saves just couldn't be named before which made trying to remember which save you intended to transfer to cloud & then download to another console a nightmare at times.

Furthermore when I try to load one of my old broken game saves I can confirm 100% of the time when I am connected to the internet the game crashes during the load process during the spinning green plumbob help message change between the 1st & 2nd help text change. Every time. When I literally unplug all internet in my home restart & load the save my game will load longer but ALWAYS crash on the 6th help text change as the plumbob spins. This cannot be a coincidence. Something is very broken in the save files & how the game now reads that metadata. Whether it's in some sort of authentication phoning home process to EA or whether it is via the method EA uses to deserialize & unpack saves something here is very broken. Whether or not the saves are not completely busted or retrievable is the question. I wish EA would explain what is happening in some way so we don't have to sit here wasting our time trying to investigate the issue or run community sourced QA like this. It is so frustrating playing digital detective for a game I've spent $2k on when this is literally what I do for a living. I'm whining I know but c'mon guys. Any info at all will stop rampant speculations that our saves are toast.

Message 243 of 485 (735 Views)

Re: Game Crashing upon loading save file - ps4

★ Guide

@HollySue1966 Like @crimewriter74 said, Console has absolutely no ability to roll back an update. IF the problem is across all platforms as it appears to be AND people are reporting having the issue WITHOUT even having installed the update that means this issue is not update related, platform related or perhaps even save related. The issue could very well be with the authentication Maxis/EA is using to verify you own your content. My only save that is loading is on my backup PS4 in the den that has a single save from June 4 2019 that loads. That save was when I bought Get Together which was my very 1st DLC pack. This issue could be tied to any DLC, update or save serializing or deserializing since that date on my console or your PC. I've seen people say they can get saves from April to load so I'm hoping that means a broken issue that is 100% reproducable can be isolated & fixed relatively quickly but who the heck knows.

Message 244 of 485 (733 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@Amalathea I agree. They need to appoint someone to communicate effectively with their customer base. Or at the very least announce at what regular time intervals they will keep us updated.
And yes, if you add up all the packs it mounts up to a lot of money. And there are also those who stream/make content using this game who will be inconvenienced.
Message 245 of 485 (743 Views)

crashing only when loading certain saves

★ Novice

I just updated my game for the recent patch and updated all of my mods and then opened my game to test it out, I loaded a save and it worked. then I went to load my other save and it kept crashing. so I removed my mods little by little to find the one messing it up but I had cleared out my mod folder and the game was still crashing. is there anyway I can figure out what is causing it to crash?

Message 246 of 485 (530 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Crashes

★★★ Newbie

I am having the exact same issue.

Message 247 of 485 (526 Views)

★ Guide

@ningnomaningnong I truly sympathize with anyone who has purchased this game at full price all 32 DLC packs worth on PC + console. I own that exactly but purchased during some sales. This game was recommended to our family after a beloved pet died as a coping mechanism. I've informed our family therapist the aggrivation inherant in the system is not worth the possible theraputic benefits.

And yes you are so right. Any Youtuber who relies on this game as income was just rendered redundant by EA if this cannot be fixed & given the global problems right now we all know this is a bad time to be out of work. Any work. Talk about a clusterfarce.

Message 248 of 485 (721 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Mai None of this is working...
Message 249 of 485 (878 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Crashes

★★ Apprentice

Me too, same problem here.

Message 250 of 485 (633 Views)