Re: Game crashes after update, corrupted save file?

by Bookloversarcasm

Original Post

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] [PC/MAC] [XB1/PS4] June 3 Patch crash

★★★ Apprentice
@HollySue1966 Mine was fine yesterday as well. I will be looking at this thread constantly for the 'We have isolated the problem and are releasing an update to fix it' post until it's fixed.
Perhaps those who don't like customers venting on here should return to their zen gardens and not contribute to the post count?
Message 231 of 485 (1,077 Views)

★★ Novice

Specifically file Slot_00000002.save, if it matters.

Message 232 of 485 (747 Views)

Re: Game Crashing upon loading save file - ps4

★★ Guide
@HollySue1966 Is it working for anyone I wonder? Can they or we actually un-update? It's an option with adobe, it should definitely be an option but as far as I knew it never has been an option with sims.
Message 233 of 485 (1,034 Views)

The Sims 4 Console Issues

★★★ Newbie

I play The Sims 4 on my Xbox One. Everything has been working fine until the newest update (June 3, 2020) came out. I have a few different saves and I tried opening my “100 Baby Challenge” save. It loads up for a bit, but then it goes black and returns to my home screen. Does anyone know what’s wrong? I’m really upset about this.

Message 234 of 485 (622 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I also have the same problem, when I leave slot_00000003 in my saved folders only, the game loads perfectly without any crashes. Please help us out!

Message 235 of 485 (743 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@mrstank30 I was thinking the very same thing. I tried my game with the vague hope that it might function properly. It didn't and I wondered if it was everyone or just some unlucky few.
If there was an un-update option I'd be very interested in it.
Message 236 of 485 (1,027 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Crashes

★ Novice

Hoping you can help me. I just updated the SIms 4 with the latest patch, and now it crashes when trying to load a saved game. I disabled mods, then deleted mods, but I still cannot launch the game. Attached my dxdiag!

Message 237 of 485 (726 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Crashes

★ Novice
I tried the Repair option in Origin as well...
Message 238 of 485 (716 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@HollySue1966 wrote:

a solution does exist...un-update the update. 

If only that worked on Xbox.

Message 239 of 485 (994 Views)

Crashes after new patch update 06/03/2020

★★★ Newbie

So, my game was working perfectly fine before the new patch update 06/3/2020. However, after the patch it won't load and instantly crashes. I have removed all of my mods. And even uninstalled and reinstalled the game. I have come to the conclusion that my saved folder specifically slot_00000002 and slot_00000004 saves are causing the issue cause the game worked perfectly with only slot_00000003 in my save folders. Please help! Thanks

Message 240 of 485 (549 Views)