Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] [PC/MAC] [XB1/PS4] June 3 Patch crash

by buski1108

Original Post

Re: Can't Load Saved Games

★ Apprentice

I'm having the same issue. I did remove my mods folder before updating, but I didn't remove my save files. I never have had to before. I have repaired my game. I have deleted the localthumbcache file and repaired the game again and I'm still unable to load my saved games. Any suggestions would be REALLY great.

Message 211 of 485 (723 Views)

★★ Guide
@HollySue1966 I would guess they know and are hopefully working to get a fix asap. Seeing 19 pages of replies in such a short time, it's clear there is nothing we can do as a user to fix this. I'd urge them to make these updates optional. It's much like adobe, their big updates are always broken and you learn quickly not to install them until a few months in once they've fixed the bugs. But with Sims/EA, you aren't given a choice. Update or don't play.
Message 212 of 485 (939 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I know how you feel. Hours upon hours are spent building and creating Sims. It's gutting to have it all set on fire and thrown into the trash. I just forked out the $49.95 NZD for the eco living pack...I already regret it.

Message 213 of 485 (1,042 Views)

Sims 4 keeps crashing after update

★★★ Novice

Updated game today, and all the sudden it started crashing.  Restarted computer, removed game folder, restarted TS4 and it to work just fine.  Put original game folder back, disabled mods under "Options", and began crashing again.  Any suggestions?  Of course this happens shortly after I pre-order Eco Lifestyle, and was so excited to try it out tomorrow Confused

Any help, is appreciated!

Message 214 of 485 (692 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@ningnomaningnong Its frustrating for sure. I have every pack except eco. I'm glad I waited on that one. I hope this is fixed by tmw. This is not acceptable.
Message 215 of 485 (1,038 Views)

★★ Guide
@ningnomaningnong I am so glad I didn't buy that one yet. It doesn't look appealing to me and it's very overpriced. Will likely be massively discounted like the rest are eventually.
Message 216 of 485 (1,035 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@Judy4511 I agree. Some say we need to wait, but the truth is we have paid our hard earned cash for a product and expect that product. There should be more transparency on what they are doing, their progress/struggles, if possible a potential estimate time for a fix.
They aren't wizards, but they are a business and we are the paying customers.
Message 217 of 485 (1,019 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This thread is not for complaining about the game. You are making information harder for others to see and information for the gurus harder to find by flooding the thread with inane complaints. 

Message 218 of 485 (1,015 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@ningnomaningnong you're 100% right. We've spent lots of money on this, we deserve to know what's happening and how long are we expected to wait. It's not fair to leave us in the dark.
Message 219 of 485 (954 Views)

★ Apprentice

In all honesty, I don't mind waiting. I just wish they would update us ever so often about their progress in fixing the issue. It would be nice to have some validation that the issue is being worked on and not ignored, leaving us to be waiting for nothing. 

Message 220 of 485 (805 Views)