Re: Sims 4 closing/crashing when loading?

by DaleMcNutt

Original Post

Sims 4 closing/crashing when loading?

★★★ Novice

Hello i have no clue what i'm doing, but whenever i open the sims 4 it crashes or closes on its own. I'll open the sims and it will load up to the start up menu, but when i hit the big play arrow and the loading starts it freezes then the game just closes and origin opens. I've tried doing "repair game" and I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling. 

Message 161 of 485 (1,200 Views)

Re: Sims 4 specific save file crashes game

★★★ Newbie

Just found a thread by a community manager discussing this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/CURRENT-ISSUE-PC-MAC-XB1-PS4-June-3-Patch-crash/m-p/9167748#M1...

Message 162 of 485 (1,207 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] [PC/MAC] [XB1/PS4] June 3 Patch crash

★★ Apprentice

The last I saw on Twitter was nearly 10 hours ago and it offered no real info. Playing a new file for now is not a valid solution. A proper reply would’ve been, “Sorry, we expect to have an update on the issue at xyz time” or whatever. 

Message 163 of 485 (1,158 Views)

Re: Sims 4 closing/crashing when loading?

★★★ Apprentice

It's a problem with the latest patch.  They are working on it.

Message 164 of 485 (1,149 Views)

Re: Game Crash after June Update- Mac

★★★ Novice
@ajbero21 same exact problem here! I'm so upset, i wanna play the eco lifestyle pack on friday but with my saved lots and sims.
Message 165 of 485 (1,097 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Auto Shut Down

[ Edited ]

@buski1108  Does the game work if you start a new save?  There's this issue:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/CURRENT-ISSUE-PC-MAC-XB1-PS4-June-3-Patch-crash/td-p/9167748

affecting some saves created before the patch.  If that's what you're seeing, I can merge your post with the master thread, and if it's not, please let me know, and run a dxdiag.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 166 of 485 (601 Views)

Re: Crash when loading a save after june 2nd update

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

FYI - i'm not sure if you EA ppl have this fixed but , I believe the issue is with Origin Client or Web Service helper. All my old saves are working. Since your last break where we could not play where someone at EA assisted and told me to go to Services logged in with Admin rights on my PC and disable both Origin Client Services and Origin Web Helper Service fixed that issue.I have them disabled at this time with no crashes, did have a crash yesterday after Origin update. Origin always re-enables Web Helper when it updates so I disabled again. No crashes at this time.

This is for PC with Windows OS - So possible temp solution until fix is this, it may or may not work

In Windows search, type Services.

Run as Admin

Locate both  Origin Client Services and Origin Web Helper Service

Right Click and Select properties

On General Tab:

Stop service if it is running

Set Startup Type to Disabled

Click Apply button

To all I am not affiliated with EA, but am avid gamer who feels your pain when our games don't work

Message 167 of 485 (1,022 Views)

Re: Game Crash after June Update- Mac

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Same to be honest! I've tried everything and nothing has worked. I repaired the game, took out mods and CC, but whenever I tried to press play for a new game or even load one of my saves, it crashes after 5 seconds or so! I hope they fix it soon because man this is inconvenient. It really is the patch itself considering it was working perfectly fine up until the update lol. However, CAS still works with CC so if you wanna kill some time while they fix this, then yeah. 

Message 168 of 485 (1,020 Views)

Re: ask

★★★ Apprentice

Today was the first time this has happened to me. We were excited to see the new content and are awaiting Eco Living tomorrow. Selected the saved game and it crashed in the loading screen. They better sort this out, Sims 4 isn't exactly cheap.

Message 169 of 485 (972 Views)

Re: Sims 4 specific save file crashes game

★★ Apprentice
@m-etcetera That’s the same thread we’re in.
Message 170 of 485 (855 Views)