Re: Since the june 2020 update, my one main save file has not been able to open.

by CadiRemi

Original Post

Re: Game Crash after June Update- Mac

★ Apprentice

Is it just me or does anyone else experience a crash with loading a save file and starting a new game? Since some replies suggest to not delete the save file that causes the crash and to just play a new game instead in the mean time, I tried to start a new game and yet the program still crashes and results in an error in the system. All in all, I can't really play anything yet until it is fixed. Hopefully they will find a solution soon. 

Message 131 of 485 (829 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] [PC/MAC] [XB1/PS4] June 3 Patch crash

★★ Apprentice
It says a lot about a company when they can’t be bothered to address or update customers on their own message board. The update should’ve been tested more thoroughly and at the very least immediately rolled back when the error was discovered and repaired. What a face to put to your company the day before a launch party. Thanks, but I think I’ll pass on the new pack. Once my save is working again I’m turning off automatic updates. Never again. You suck EA.
Message 132 of 485 (813 Views)

Re: Since the june 2020 update, my one main save file has not been able to open.

★★★ Novice

Same — this is not okay! My main file — both my auto save and manual save file — will NOT load which is not okay. 

Message 133 of 485 (544 Views)

Game won’t launch

★★★★★ Newbie

I’m a sim 4 player on the play station 4. After the latest sims 4 update I received (version 1.25) my game stopped launching past the main menu. It crashes every time I tried to load into the game. I was wondering if it was just me. I know it’s not my system because all my other games play just fine. I was wondering if anyone could help me out.

Message 134 of 485 (467 Views)

★★★ Novice

And honestly — I don’t want to play if this file is not playable to save able — I’ve been playing on it since I got the game 6 months ago. Not okay. 

Message 135 of 485 (546 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@flash5267 I am having the same problem. I’m very upset by this.
Message 136 of 485 (545 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Portuguese
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.133.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I can't even play.
What happens when the bug occurs? 100% all the time
What do you expect to see? None. I click the play button, then it crashes. I tried playing my saves, it crashes. I tried starting new game, it crashes.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? 03/06 patch

Still having the same problem. I'm reinstalling it all over again...does this work? I repair game, delete cache, remove mods... and same problem. 

Message 137 of 485 (748 Views)

Re: I just updated my Sims 4 game on the new patch for june 2020,

★★★ Novice

Having the same issues — freakin out. How quick is EA used to fixing these issues?? I don’t have any faith in the communication between the fans and the company so idk how long this will last... wish I could go back and stop the update. Crappy updates like this have screwed me over so much in the past two months... 

Message 138 of 485 (744 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I've been working on this all afternoon.  Nothing works.  My current save has 2 years of work put into it and I had 6 generations in over 50 of the 72 played families I have.  I put a lot of work into that one save.  I don't want to start over.

Message 139 of 485 (968 Views)

Re: I just updated my Sims 4 game on the new patch for june 2020,

★★ Apprentice

I’ve messaged them, tweeted them, etc. They apparently can’t be bothered to answer the people who buy their games, aka keep them in business. 

Message 140 of 485 (960 Views)