One File Crashes after 6/3 update

by melangel0727

Original Post

One File Crashes after 6/3 update

★★★ Novice

Since today's update, one of my 4 save files is not working. It's the one I play most often and most recently. I have no CC or mods. I tried all the typical troubleshooting EA suggests and it's still not working. 

Message 121 of 485 (1,044 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] [PC/MAC] [XB1/PS4] June 3 Patch crash

★★★ Apprentice

First time poster here, I'm having the same issue with my Xbox One. Game was working perfectly fine all day until I decided to update it this afternoon. Once I did, my saved games would no longer load.

It starts up perfectly fine, I can even go into the gallery & download other people's creations, I can also start a brand new game, but once I load my saves, the screen fades to black & I'm returned to my Xbox home screen.

I've restarted my console, I've turned it off at wall & left it unattended for a few hours & I've uninstalled/reinstalled my game/expansion packs to no luck. I'm actually happy to see it's a common problem as I thought it was just my console or my game not working. Hope this gets resolved soon. 😊

Message 122 of 485 (1,006 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Per @SimGuruNick on Twitter they’re aware of the issues with saves and are working on a fix.

Message 123 of 485 (986 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I have had this game for a long time and never had a problem this bad.  I have 6 generations going on more than 50 houses and really don't want to start over.  EA, please do something.

Message 124 of 485 (972 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@crimewriter74 Thank you!

Message 125 of 485 (942 Views)

Re: Game shutdown after main menu screen

★★★ Novice
@crinrict yes I have tried with no cc, still the same problem. Frown
Message 126 of 485 (426 Views)

Since the june 2020 update, my one main save file has not been able to open.

★★★ Newbie

Since the june 2020 update, my one main save file has not been able to open. It reaches the loading screen and then crashes. its only with this save file though. 

Message 127 of 485 (540 Views)

★ Apprentice

The best I can determine is my legacy games with generational sims are not loading. Games that are not generational load. I do not use mods or CC in my game. Also, I love to modify my worlds and change every lot and Sim. I have one save with three generations that can load, and that is from the Get Famous exp. Anything after that with legacy simply does not load.  Also, I love to modify my worlds and change every lot and Sim. I have one save with three generations that can load, and that during the Get Famous exp. Anything after that with legacy simply does not load. I hope this helps you find the issue.

Message 128 of 485 (839 Views)

Re: Game shutdown after main menu screen

Hero
@arabsimsmerah Just certain saves or also on new one ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 129 of 485 (418 Views)

Sims 4 Auto Shut Down

★★★★★ Newbie

I just bought a new computer yesterday, downloaded Origin, uploaded my old save file and everything was working just fine. This morning, I played for a little while and again, everything was great. While I was gone, Origin updated the game and now my game won't work. I get to the main screen, click on play, it loads for two seconds and then automatically shuts off. I tried removing my mods to see if that was it, and it still didn't work. Then, I tried renaming my file to "Sims 4 Backup" and forcing Sims to make a new save file. As soon as I moved one of my folders in the new file, I had the same issue. I don't really know what's going on or how to fix it, but I am getting really frustrated. 

Message 130 of 485 (532 Views)