Re: Sims 4 game keeps crashing when loading some saves

by JulietJuly22

Original Post

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] [PC/MAC] [XB1/PS4] June 3 Patch crash

★★ Apprentice

100% agree I’m heartbroken at the moment that all my builds and families are gone

Message 111 of 485 (1,080 Views)

Re: Crash when loading a save after june 2nd update

★★ Novice

I have also tried removing my CC, only to find it wasn't the issue. This is beyond frustrating.

Message 112 of 485 (1,030 Views)

Sims 4 game keeps crashing when loading some saves

★★ Novice

When I try and load my saves on The Sims 4, it crashes. However, it only does it on some saves and some of my saves work perfectly fine. I've tried without my CC, but it is still the same. These saves were working fine yesterday, it is only today it has started. Does anyone have any ideas? Thank you.

Message 113 of 485 (833 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'm also experiencing this bug, but I don't have the update. I heard other people talking about this bug, so I avoided updating. But when I tried to load my save, it immediately crashes. It started today, but I don't understand why I'm experiencing this when I don't have the update.

Message 114 of 485 (1,018 Views)

June 3 patch crash sims 4 mac

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.133.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? base game, dine out, cats and dogs, seasons
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I can't even play.
What happens when the bug occurs? 100% all the time
What do you expect to see? None. I click the play button, then it crashes. I tried playing my saves, it crashes. I tried starting new game, it crashes.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Still having the same problem. I'm reinstalling it all over again...does this work? I hope so!

Message 115 of 485 (856 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Deluxe update from June 3rd 2020 Crashes

★★★★ Novice

I'm on a PC. The update downloaded today and I have the same problem as everyone else. Game crashes when you press the play button. I have tried to repair it twice, with no luck. I went in load game, and saved/restored an earlier version of my game save and that crashed too. 

What's going on?

Is EA fixing the problem? 

I haven't got any mods. 

Message 116 of 485 (933 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

My game was working great yesterday. I have never had issues with it since I've had it on Xbox. Except for today when the update downloaded on my console this morning. And it hasn't worked since. I know EA said they're working on the problem. But i have no idea how long it will take. 

Message 117 of 485 (924 Views)

Re: Sims 4 game keeps crashing when loading some saves

★★ Guide
@omgitsmegsxox Also having the exact issue. The new game I saved today after the update will load. None of my old saves from prior to the update will load. I also tried w/o any CC or mods. The game crashes without warning with the loading screen is still up.

Since I'm in the midst of a 100 Baby Challenge I'm hoping this is fixable!
Message 118 of 485 (819 Views)

★★★ Novice

Samesies! I've tried everything from removing mods, several game repairs, clearing cache, removing saves and using an older version of the save. Nothing works. It only affects my last saved game (which so happens to be the most crucial to me). All others work but I have no desire to play. :-(

Message 119 of 485 (883 Views)

Re: ask

★★ Novice

The same this has been happening to me. I contacted EA and they said many people are having this issue and that they're working on it. I was really looking forward to the update too.

Message 120 of 485 (830 Views)