June 3rd 2020 update. Can't open any previous saves?

by Coley666

Original Post

Game Crash after June Update- Mac

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.133.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them besides Eco Lifestyle
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open the game, click on a save file.
What happens when the bug occurs? The game crashes as soon as the save file begins to load.
What do you expect to see? I expect to load my game up without it quitting unexpectedly
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This started to occur after the patch update released before the Eco Lifestyle pack on June 3, 2020

The game opens, however I cannot load up any of my save files without the game crashing. I tried creating a new save file to see if this would happen to newly created files as well, and it does. The game loaded up CAS and then allowed me to pick a season and move into a new home. When I saved and exited to the main menu, I could not reopen the save file without the game crashing.

I do not have any Mods or Custom Content in my game. I ensure that I do not have them in my game when I upload Origin or the game. I have not had in a single Mod installed in the game in well over a month or two, and prefer my game without them.

Message 21 of 485 (5,145 Views)

Re: Crash when loading a save after june 2nd update

[ Edited ]
EA app Team
- Marking as solution for visibility purposes only, this is not a solution -

Hi everyone,

If after installing June 3rd patch your game is crashing when you press 'Play' from the main menu to load your save, you are in the right thread.

Thanks for your reports and sharing details with us on what you are experiencing. I've merged several threads into this one as to keep all information together.

If you haven't already, please, make sure to remove your mods & CC from the 'Mods' folder, as incompatibilities with outdated mods can cause the game to crash as well, and testing without mods is the only way of making sure the issue is not caused by those.

It would also be a good idea to repair your game to make sure nothing went wrong with the download. To do that, 

If your save is still not loading without mods: please know that the team are looking into this issue as I type this, please, keep your broken saves. For now, what we can recommend you is to play with a different save (one not affected by the crash).

We don't need more saves at the moment as we have enough examples for now.

We will post here once we have more info to share.

Thanks once again for letting us know about this,
-Mai

Message 22 of 485 (13,355 Views)

Re: Game crashes after patch

★★★★★ Novice

im having the same issue

Message 23 of 485 (5,144 Views)

Re: [BG] June 3 Patch crash

Community Manager (retired)

Just wanted to acknowledge that we've seen the same issue and the team is investigating, thanks for all the reports! 

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 24 of 485 (5,062 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I just really hope we wont need to delete any saves in order for this bug to be solved as this is my only save file

Message 25 of 485 (5,127 Views)

Re: ask

@bananaturtle193  Does no custom content mean no mods too?  If you do have mods, have you tested without them?  Even if you don't intend to play forsard without mods, it's helpful to know whether your save does in fact load with no mods present.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 26 of 485 (4,759 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks, I hope you'll be able to fix the issue soon!

Message 27 of 485 (5,107 Views)

Re: Game crashes after patch

★★★★★ Novice

I’m on PS4 and also experiencing this every time I load a saved game. I’ve tried every file and it crashes.

Message 28 of 485 (5,112 Views)

Re: [BG] June 3 Patch crash

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PS4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.25
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except My First Pets and Moschino
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open my save
What happens when the bug occurs? Game crashes upon launching save files
What do you expect to see? Game opens correctly and I'm able to play my saves.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No. Console player so can't use them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes, the lastest one.
Please describe the patch or change you made. All saves worked fine yesterday. As of right now, after just installing the patch, game is crashing when loading saves.

Message 29 of 485 (5,095 Views)

June 3rd 2020 update. Can't open any previous saves?

★★★★ Guide

I load any of my previous game and Sims crashes. No error messages, mods and cc have been disabled.

Message 30 of 485 (5,065 Views)