by crinrict

Original Post

Re: error

★ Novice
@Wasabi9191 WHat's the solution??
Message 1601 of 1,609 (4,962 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

There isn't one.   Try to recover a save, try a new save, avoid using CAS, avoid changing lots.   Maybe you'll get to play for a bit before it craps out again.

Message 1602 of 1,609 (4,918 Views)

Hero
There's a patch now.

I haven't seen the notes yet but maybe it's worth checking out.

Testing saves I have as we speak

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 1603 of 1,609 (4,773 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@crinrict Thank you for letting us know!
Message 1604 of 1,609 (4,761 Views)

Error Code: 134:b378c837:4240d837

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get to Work, Get Together, Strangerville, Dine Out, Spa Day, Moschino Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Holiday Celebration Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try loading any family
What happens when the bug occurs? Game fails to load any family - I am taken back to the world select and this error message pops up: The game failed to load. Error Code: 134:b378c837:4240d837. It is recommended that you relaunch the game.
What do you expect to see? To be able to play my game
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Like other users, this error code happened after installing the latest patch that was released.

There were many "glitchy" things happening with the game (Sims going to bed and getting up right away, actions being canceled, peeing fire, etc) but I chalked this up to part of the Sims playing experience. I installed the patch when it first came out back in June, and then on July 3rd I shut my game off for the night and the next day (July 4th) I went to play again and my game stopped working - I am unable to play at all without getting the error code mentioned above. I've tried loading the game without any CC and that did nothing.

Message 1605 of 1,609 (4,699 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

Fixed an issue which caused Error 134:b378c837 to occur.
O Hello Error 134, was it me you were looking for? I don’t wonder where you are (now) and I don’t wonder what you do (now), I hope you don’t get lonely…

Fixed in Patch 1.64.84

.. So .. tested a few saves but I made the mistake that I lumped all 134 in the same folder so I'm not sure if I'm testing the right ones

I'm still seeing this one: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/CURRENT-ISSUE-PC-Error-Code-134-64b8a94a/td-p/9213831

The one this thread was about is fixed as they said from the short tests I made.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 1606 of 1,609 (25,433 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

That's wonderful news! Where do we get the patch? I got my copy through Steam and nothing's showing up

Message 1607 of 1,609 (4,700 Views)

Hero
@541113129 I'm not sure about Steam tbh. Maybe it takes a bit longer there until it shows up.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 1608 of 1,609 (4,682 Views)

Community Manager
Thanks for sharing the patch notes update on this @crinrict. I'll lock this thread here.

If the issue persists for anyone after updating their game with the newest patch, please create a new Bug Report.

Thanks,

EA_Lanna
Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 1609 of 1,609 (4,651 Views)