Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] [PC/MAC] Error code 134:b378c837

by kazza6366

Original Post

Re: The Sims 4 save file failed to load

★★★ Novice
@HyperMan808 Mine is working with a new game too. So annoying as I have so much process on my saved game Frown
Message 1501 of 1,609 (884 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@Lucybird87  How's that new save working for you? I've not tried to make a new save or rewind my existing one.

Message 1502 of 1,609 (879 Views)

★★★ Novice

@541113129 wrote:

I remember reading earlier that before the error message hit some people were complaining of little bugs. What kind of bugs was everyone facing? I found I had some little bugs too (Sims refusing to go to bed, deleting tasks in their queues, complaining of a messy environment when everything was perfectly tidy, etc)

About 3 weeks ago I was getting the “incomplete lot” bug with this same error code. After a few days of trying random different things (moving sim in and out of lot from neighbourhood screen, going in to build mode then returning to normal game etc) it seemed fixed.

Then recently I had the problem with “poor environment” I.e. I had *tons* of decorative items but sims still super unhappy with it.

Couple of days later and I get this error code with no games loading - even new games, new families etc. I just cannot do live mode at all :’(

Message 1503 of 1,609 (846 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I made a new save after first getting the error code about two weeks ago, got the error again yesterday on the said save, so now I have two different families that I invested hours of game play in that I can't play. I'd say if you make a new save you might get to play for some time but don't get attached to it as the error will eventually come back

Message 1504 of 1,609 (843 Views)

Re: ERROR CODE 134:b378c837 SERIOUS ISSUE

Community Manager (retired)

Sul Sul, @mediachick101.

I know you requested that your bug report not be merged in with the others, however to help us with tracking those affected by the issue, I merged it in with the existing bug report. Thanks so much for your patience and understanding while The Sims team investigates.

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

Was your issue resolved by a great post?  Accept as Solution

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Stay and Play.png
Message 1505 of 1,609 (813 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@541113129 wrote:

@Lucybird87  How's that new save working for you? I've not tried to make a new save or rewind my existing one.

It's been working so far, but I've only been playing it about 3 (RL) days, so I'm not holding out hope

Message 1506 of 1,609 (790 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Just wasted 45 mins with EA Chat Support. 

They are refusing to give refunds, FYI (additional info for anyone contacting press with information). They do acknowledge it is a known issue however are refusing refunds.

They did also note that that once the programmers make a fix "hopefully you will be able to load your old saves and get your content back." HOPEFULLY.

(I have zero confidence in that and this is why I want a refund.)

I will be filing a chargeback with my credit card co as well as reporting EA's refusal to refund a broken game to:

CA State Attorney General: https://oag.ca.gov/contact/consumer-complaint-against-business-or-company

Federal Trade Commission (under Internet Services & Online Shopping): https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/#crnt&panel1-1

(FYI, this did ask me if I had the Cats & Dogs expansion, so this may somehow be related.)

+ I have my chat transcript saved if anyone from press would like it. 

Message 1507 of 1,609 (768 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had toliet fires. Was thinking it was odd but didn't affect the game until the weekend there

Message 1508 of 1,609 (756 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@Lucybird87 wrote:

@541113129 wrote:

It's been working so far, but I've only been playing it about 3 (RL) days, so I'm not holding out hope

Best of luck to you on that, I hope it works out.

Did anyone with toilet fires get a notification about it? I can't remember if I had a toilet fire or not... I think I might've

Message 1509 of 1,609 (743 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@541113129 wrote:

@Lucybird87 wrote:

@541113129 wrote:

Best of luck to you on that, I hope it works out.

Did anyone with toilet fires get a notification about it? I can't remember if I had a toilet fire or not... I think I might've

Nope, it was while they were sitting on it, didn't seem to affect anything, just a weird graphics things

Message 1510 of 1,609 (647 Views)