Re: Error 134:b378c837:4240d837

by SpoonKingdom

Original Post

★★★★ Apprentice

Unfortunately that's just a fluff answer.

Look at the lack of visibility on the twitter feed.    They acknowledge an error about FIFA on June 25 and resolve it the same day.

The Sims?   Crickets.

Message 1391 of 1,609 (1,002 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Yeah I don’t see a fix any time soon. I bet they’re waiting til they were going to update again and just throw it all in. 

Message 1392 of 1,609 (990 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@BigDaddyBiggieD It is. Just telling us what we want to hear. Sims isn’t there big money maker so we’re left in the dark. Just remember this the next time EA and sims release a new pack. Boycott them.
Message 1393 of 1,609 (985 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Eugh guys its really getting me down now. I live alone in a different country from most of my friends and family lol. I was really hoping to go back and see people, but COVID got in the way and honestly Sims was actually helping me deal with isolation so much. It's just really disappointing, tbh. And I just feel like it would have been so easy for EA, the Sims etc. to get right? Not even in terms of fixing the bug, but just in terms of listening to its players... eugh sorry for rant

Message 1394 of 1,609 (971 Views)

★★ Guide
@SpoonKingdom I feel you, I needed sims the most now to just unwind. And then this happened. To me it seems like a relatively easy fix to just reroll back the update and see if it fixes anything. If it doesn’t atleast they tried..
Message 1395 of 1,609 (924 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@BigDaddyBiggieD That's so stupid! The same day?! I'm seriously done with EA.

Message 1396 of 1,609 (893 Views)

Re: Cannot load any household

★ Apprentice

I have just had this error now and it's rendered an entire legacy save with multiple families unplayable.

The error occurred when I was trying to visit one of the community spaces, the Sprucewood lot which was set to Maker space. When I went to edit the lot it said it was missing two items, an easel and woodworking bench which I had never seen on the lot before. I added the items, saved the lot and exited the game and repaired it. When I went back in the lot was showing incomplete, however when I went into the lot the items were now there.

I decided to go and check the other community spaces lots and they were missing items too. Notably the items that were making the lots incomplete I had never seen on these lots since installing the Eco Lifestyle and voting on the community spaces. A particular stand out was the market place never had a recycle machine which I thought was weird, now when I checked what was supposed to be on the lot it had this as a requirement. I then tried changing the community project of each space and nothing changed. Tried playing around to change the lot types which worked, but when I went back to community lots nothing changed again.

I don't have any mods, I removed them when I first started getting issues with the expansion pack. I don't know if this information helps or anything, but just wanted to provide feedback as this has been a really disappointing pack in terms of the amounts of bugs from Maxis Frown 

Message 1397 of 1,609 (839 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

When I restore saves and can get in again, I usually have to go at least 3 saves down before I get one that will work.

Those saves work for a while until I either:

a) Use CAS in any way

b) Switch households

c) Play the same save for an extended period of time

Translation - lost progress and lots of frustration.

But if you wanna trudge through it, at least avoid modifying your sims in a mirror and don't switch households and maybe you'll get some fleeting moments of playtime.

Message 1398 of 1,609 (812 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

A thought I had last night--for a major game being completely broken, I've seen NO press about this, no YouTube videos. As someone else pointed out, a lot of Sims 4 YouTubers are conveniently on break. Has anyone reached out to any gaming sites or blogs or online mags? Do we think EA is squashing stories?

Maybe they'd be quicker to find a fix if they were getting bad press.

Message 1399 of 1,609 (787 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@SpoonKingdom I'm in a similar situation.. also alone in another country and Sims was helping me keep my mind busy. It's frustrating to be without answers..
Message 1400 of 1,609 (740 Views)