Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] [PC/MAC] Error code 134:b378c837

by Lucybird87

Original Post

★★★★ Apprentice

This only just started happening to me yesterday.    And yet its been around for a month.

SMH

Message 1281 of 1,609 (984 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Everyone I've been following (including myself) also play through origin. @Lucybird87 

Message 1282 of 1,609 (942 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Talked to EA help again on twitter after having complained. I hadn't tried a 'new' game so I started a new one which has worked so far, but I only played very briefly to test. Don't really want to get invested in a new household as it seems likely I will get the error at some point, also don't really want to play a different household. 

Basically got the same answer of we know it's an issue, we're working on it, at least you can play another household in the meantime.

Message 1283 of 1,609 (848 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have multiple different saves of the same households I am invested in. Luckily, I save often so I don’t lose too much story progression. I’ve noticed I have only gotten the error if I ever try to use a cheat to Modify my sims in CAS. I’ve gotten the error three times in three different saves, and it has ALL been after I go into CAS and exit back into the game.

Message 1284 of 1,609 (809 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I've been getting the error for more than a week now and in my case it happened in both new and old saves. Sometimes I can load a game, but the next day the error pops up again. No sim died, I had no problem with CAS, it popped up with and without CC, and I had the issue when going to venues as well as just staying home. In general, I can almost exclusively play only on building mode without getting the error. I didn't find a pattern in my game that could lead to speculation for the cause.

Message 1285 of 1,609 (1,145 Views)

The Advice I was given about this problem!

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them except Moschino Stuff Pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When you select a family to play
What happens when the bug occurs? Your family starts to load, then it returns to the home screen with a message. The message goes: "The game failed to load. Error Code: 134:b378c837:4240d837. It is recommended that you relaunch the game."
What do you expect to see? Nothing happens, that message appears.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This what the message looks like.

I spoke to four different people in the Live Chat and all I got told was that I had to wait for a solution. They know about it and are sorting it but it's been a problem for about three weeks. I kept being to do the same things over and over again. But there is no solution to this problem so we've just got to sit and wait until they fix it!

Message 1286 of 1,609 (1,075 Views)

★★ Guide
@kayleighmay91 For me the exact same reason, I sometimes play competitive games with my BF but if I have a bad day I can’t deal with that and then sims is the perfect chill game
Message 1287 of 1,609 (1,058 Views)

Re: The Advice I was given about this problem!

Hero
@MissGigglesLOLS I merged your thread with the master thread on this error.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 1288 of 1,609 (1,058 Views)

★★★ Novice

@Lucybird87 wrote:

Talked to EA help again on twitter after having complained. I hadn't tried a 'new' game so I started a new one which has worked so far, but I only played very briefly to test. Don't really want to get invested in a new household as it seems likely I will get the error at some point, also don't really want to play a different household. 

Basically got the same answer of we know it's an issue, we're working on it, at least you can play another household in the meantime.

Yes you can play another household.......until the error comes back. I started over three times and today again I got the error. There is nothing you can do about it. I "save as" every couple minutes, go back to a previous save, try to change things, delete people, move, but nothing helps. there is something happening somewhere in a sims world that I can't control and change. So no matter how many times you start a new family in a new game, the error will happen again. So every time you have build a nice family and think it's going great you will get disappointed again. And it's taking EA forever to fix this problem. For me it's 3 weeks since I have the error

Message 1289 of 1,609 (1,017 Views)

Re: The Advice I was given about this problem!

★★★★ Novice

I’ve been getting Error Code 134:b378c837:4240d837 for around two weeks now, and find it absolutely ridiculous that this has been going on for weeks and a solution has not been reached! Clearly something serious is happening otherwise they would have addressed the issue already... Very disappointed by the lack of communication from EA, considering most of us have spent a considerable amount of money on The Sims 4.
I think a discount, or at least a free stuff pack  should be offered to all of the affected gamers for the inconvenience this has caused to many. We do not spend our hard earned money to not be able to play the games that we have purchased! 

Message 1290 of 1,609 (964 Views)