Re: 134:b378c837:4240d837 error

by dustedpetalsx

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice
@crinrict The thing is: I can't play with another SIM gets the same problem, if it would be possible i'd glad to do so.
Message 461 of 1,609 (765 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@Maylah_1234  mine does the same. But if I start a fresh one, it’ll play for about 4-5 sim days. Then back to the error code. 

Message 462 of 1,609 (745 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I tried to contact them on Twitter and Facebook.

I spoke with a guy named Dan, but no news... Nothing! I started to get really really mad at EA.

They sell us a game and it seems they don't care about the errors, they sent me here and told me to wait.. wait for how long? Nobody knows Broken heart

Message 463 of 1,609 (738 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I literally started a new game yesterday just to be able to play. Now this mofo won’t go to work 

Message 464 of 1,609 (728 Views)

★★ Guide
@L33L4 Lol your tv actually shows the tv shows? Mine always been like static no matter what they watch xD
Message 465 of 1,609 (671 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrictStarting a new save brings the error back anywhere between minutes and hours. You can't turn the game so unless you can afford the electric bills for keeping the computer running 24/7 and you're lucky enough that the game does not crash / PC restart, PLUS never ever travel anywhere with your Sims family and keep them on permanent lockdown then starting a new save isn't at all a feasible option. Even if you do all those steps, it will still pop the error sometimes. It's better to be honest with everyone and tell people to put the game down entirely as there is no way around it until the fix is released.

EA - I'd understand a few days of darkness.. it's a strange time with limited resources worldwide and we all know that. But weeks, and whilst you're still super active on all social media? No. And no public apology, or a simple 'so sorry guys, we know it's happening, we're doing our very best - we have found the bug, or we are in testing phase, or we are still trying to locate the issue'. I'd like to know if I should wait days or weeks or months instead of popping back to a forum full of upset customers 4/5 times a day, with nobody knowing what's going on. You've got some people constantly contacting support to find out information to keep themselves and everyone else here informed, wasting their own precious time when it's your duty to follow this up. Support told me it's not a known issue. They told Leela it's a known issue, they told someone else to wait 24-48 hours and it will be fixed (not fixed). It's unreliable feedback.

This is not the right way to treat people. Many of us have played for 20 years and we are loyal to you, both with our time and our finances.

Alternatively, why not just rollback the version number, remove the latest update OR add a feature that will allow us to choose what version number we wish to play, just like most games on Steam allow you to. Then when you get a new update full of bugs you can just rollback and wait patiently because at least you still have a game to play. It might have other bugs from before the update, but it would load.

This isn't about being impatient, or not understanding that coding is tough and sourcing/squashing bugs can take time because we all know this. It's about the fact that we are all checking back here constantly to find no news when you could just post something public or keep us updated once a day on your progress. I'd guess only a small percentage of people looking at this post are actually contributing messages or clicking 'me too', most won't even have set up an account or want to write on a public forum. So you have potentially thousands of people just here floating around feeling cross that you can't even acknowledge us. It's unprofessional. Rant over!

Message 466 of 1,609 (670 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@Avenly  haha yeah. I think it’s a cc tv. The entire house is mostly cc. Since I took it out and played a save mod and cc free and it still did the code I said eh. It’s not my cc then. 

Message 467 of 1,609 (792 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@dustedpetalsx Couldn't agree more... We just want a position, not random apologies. It's too annoying, really... I can't play with a new SIM either. It's not right this silence from EA.
Message 468 of 1,609 (769 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@dustedpetalsx Wise words! well said! I wouldn't say it better.
Message 469 of 1,609 (765 Views)

★★ Guide
@dustedpetalsx Well said, it’s so frustrating that so many people have this problem but it’s not getting addressed in the right way
Message 470 of 1,609 (755 Views)