Re: Issue with Dining Out Menus

by Limabean74

Original Post

★★★ Novice

Yes her issue is the same as mine 

I will try that when I get back to my computer and let you know how it goes. 

Thank you! Standard smile

Message 31 of 45 (809 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@crinrict wrote:

Hi @Limabean74 

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

@crinrict  @SimGuruNick Unfortunately "Repairing" is no longer a fix on the Mac. It only "repairs" the base game. Hope this is fixed soon as it's not really ok to have to delete and re-download Packs to maybe fix a problem.

@Limabean74  If "Resetting" doesn't work as described by Crin: I've only had this problem with a lot I downloaded from the Gallery. Saving the lot my Library and placing it in a new clean, reset Save fixed it. I added the working restaurant to my Library and then replaced the broken version in my regular Save.

Adding: I have at least two restaurants (some of my Sims never cook) in every world and have never really had any problems with them. After reading the other thread I'm wondering if it's  because I play rotationally and have at least one active households in every the world. Some of my restaurants are owned, some not.

Message 32 of 45 (800 Views)

★★★ Novice

I don't download restaurants from the gallery since I LOVE to make them myself. I can't currently make a new one and the old ones I have now no longer work. 

I agree that this shouldn't be an option for something to work but I will try it out to see since I love this pack and love having them go out to eat. 

I realized yesterday the the repair wasn't really doing what it used to do. 

I only have one family in each save file but I do have a template world that is use for all my people so I don't have to keep replacing building everytime I make a new world. I think I already tried it on a new world but I will try it again since now I can't seem to remember, however with everyone else having the same issue I am thinking it's not my world that is the issue but I am always will to try something out to see if it will at least fix it. 

I guess I will see what happens Standard smile 

Message 33 of 45 (776 Views)

★ Pro

@Limabean74  BluebelFlora has a workaround for the repair issue on her site:

https://bluebellflora.com/2020/06/17/repairing-sims-4-packs-in-origin/ 

I, too, love restaurants. When I have some Sim time late tonight, I'm going to play around a bit with them and what happens. 

Message 34 of 45 (758 Views)

Hero
@Limabean74 Merging this then so that we have all info in one place.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 35 of 45 (755 Views)

★★★ Novice

Ok I am going to try that at home. I am not sure which folder is Dining out but I should be able to figure it out even if I delete one I can always re-download. 

Going to make a copy of my saves and stuff before I do anything just in case. 

Message 36 of 45 (708 Views)

★★★ Novice

Ok so I went ahead and reinstalled Dining out. Made a new town and it worked but my old files were still not working. SO...I did the factory reset on the game to see and it fixed the old files however, my template file the one I use so create a world so I don't have to place all the restaurants, parks, etc that I made still wasn't working so I had to trash it. Which is fine since I will now try to make a new one and see if it happens again. It was working fine for a while but maybe after an update or a new pack it got corrupt. 

Thank you all so much for your help! 

Message 37 of 45 (661 Views)

★★★ Novice

With a little research I realized all my save files  have lost the menus and custom host, waiter, etc outfits. I actually have to go in and replace them again and even if I download from gallery they still don't show up. Which sucks because I spent so much time fixing all the people in the town and putting together the town for it now not to work on my 4 current saves. 

I noticed the new items in the menus and wonder if that is when the real glitches happened and I just never noticed it.  Sadly even with all your information it still doesn't work and the only way for it to work is to create an entirely new world but I also haven't checked how long that will last before the same thing happens but I plan to test it out and when I know I will share! Standard smile 

Message 38 of 45 (627 Views)

★★★ Novice

Back on more time

i made a new world and created a restaurant and it allows you to make a menu, HOWEVER when you download a menu from the gallery that is set up with a customs is doesn't hold the custom menu or dresser setting. Which is the issue, I however can't seem to find a fix for that and assume it became an issue when the new items were put into the menu. 

I hope that give enough info to help get the issue resolved. 

Message 39 of 45 (619 Views)

★★★ Novice

OK nevermind, it actually stopped working again. I made an completely new world and none of the restaurant menus are working. Ive made a few new worlds and it seems to happen on each. They don't work from my gallery or the player gallery. It works if you make a new diner but I shouldn't have to do that. Just thought I would update. Hoping for a dining out update in the future. Stinks because I really love having my sims go out to eat. 

Message 40 of 45 (557 Views)