Re: Restaurant Venues Broken - Menus & Worker Outfits

by Mionette

Original Post

Hero
@Mionette I tested your save and that was broken for me too.

Will need to do some more testing with different scenarios on new saves and stuff but I'm a bit buried currently so doing that later.

I tried moving a Sim into your save and then it actually complete froze the game.

Could you do a folder reset and try yet a new save if you're still having issues ?

As for retail uniforms: I checked and they work a bit different which is why they were probably never broken in the first place. You can only assign them once you bought the store.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 45 (690 Views)

★ Apprentice
@crinrict that's interesting about the outfits, but I guess that makes sense, I guess i won't worry about that one. The menu issue is still a bit worrisome. I will do a folder reset, test, and get back to you.
Message 22 of 45 (673 Views)

★ Apprentice

@crinrict I don't know if this will help, but I found this in my last exceptions and it seems to be relevant:

<version>2</version><sessionid>84ac5fe4040a97d65edd8b19</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2020-06-08 00:56:04</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.63.134.1020-1.200.000.452.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>(AS)widgets.Restaurant.RestaurantMenu::RestaurantMenu</categoryid><desyncid>84ac5fe4040a97d65edd8b19</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.&#13;&#10; at widgets.Restaurant.RestaurantMenu::RestaurantMenu/UpdateBillTotal()&#13;&#10; at widgets.Restaurant.RestaurantMenu::RestaurantMenu/Draw()&#13;&#10; at olympus.core.widget::WidgetBase/Show()&#13;&#10; at olympus.io::CommunicationObject/DispatchToWidget()&#13;&#10; at olympus.io::CommunicationManager/DispatchStoredOnDemandMessages()&#13;&#10; at olympus.core::LayoutManager/OnDemandWidgetLoadComplete()&#13;&#10;rtim=37889&#13;&#10;Client Session Time: 25.92&#13; &#10;Num Save Errors: 0&#13; &#10;Num Load Errors: 0&#13; &#10;Current Game State: 0xdd4141d5&#13; &#10;Origin Version: 10,5,71,40931&#13; &#10;Modded: False&#13; &#10;SystemInfo: Windows 10 10.0.18363 GPU: AMD Radeon R9 200 Series aticfx64.dll 27.20.1017.1011, GUID: D7B71EE2-2B50-11CF-0070-9D27BBC2D635&#13; &#10;</desyncdata>

Message 23 of 45 (667 Views)

★ Apprentice
@crinrict okay, I did a full folder reset, tried a new game and tried my older save, both still had the issue.
Message 24 of 45 (654 Views)

Hero
@Mionette Yeah, got that UIException on your save as welll

Could you list the exact steps you're taking to have it this way ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 25 of 45 (643 Views)

★ Apprentice
@crinrict Well, first I deleted my entire electronic arts folder, loaded the game, forcing it to reload all the folders. exited out, threw my save folder back into the files... loaded the game up again. I created a save, created a sim, moved them into a house, immediately exited to the world maps, grabbed a restaurant out of my gallery, placed it in Newcrest, went into build mode, and straight to the lot options, attempted to edit the menu... and problems were had. With my older map, it's a build map, so when I created it, I went through similar steps, created a new save, created a family, moved them into a lot... then I went to manage worlds, deleted all the lots and evicted my sim family. I then deleted the sim family and started building all my lots. Eventually, upon creating a restaurant, I ran into this issue. I don't really think I've done anything terribly unusual in the process.
Message 26 of 45 (631 Views)

Hero
@Mionette OK. Thank you. I'll look into this further when I get some time.

Will forward as well

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 27 of 45 (601 Views)

★ Apprentice
@crinrict Thanks, I appreciate it!
Message 28 of 45 (587 Views)

Issue with Dining Out Menus

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Most recent
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to make a menu
What happens when the bug occurs? You are unable to create custom menus and then it sort of freezes
What do you expect to see? The menu options to create your own menu
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The last update in Jan seems to be when the issue started.

Hi,I am having an issue with custom menus, even a few of the restaurants I have made seems to not be giving me certain food when I order it. I've had to cancel the interaction at the table because my sim wouldn't get food. 

I do have mods however...

I removed all my mods and it is still happening to me. I don't have the UI mod installed which a few people mentioned might be an issue. I also made sure all the mods were updated before putting them back in and it still isn't working. I even checked the list of mods that could be an issue (from another board) but I don't have any of those. I only have MCCC and Personalty Mod. 

Does anyone know what else I can try? The menus in my existing restaurants are now not showing custom menus only the menus you can select and I can't add anything to them either. So I can't make a new one or even update the old menus. This started happening after the last update in Jan (I believe)

My favorite game pack and I can't play with it, I am super bummed. Can anyone help or is this a known issue? 

Message 29 of 45 (644 Views)

Re: Issue with Dining Out Menus

Hero

Hi @Limabean74 

does sound a bit like this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-PC-MAC-DO-Restaurant-Venues-Broken-Menus-amp-Worke...

Do you currently have a active family in your game ?

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 30 of 45 (605 Views)