Re: Restaurant Venues Broken - Menus & Worker Outfits

by crinrict

Original Post

★★ Pro

Are they living on a lot and you've actively played them?

I just ask because I'll usually take a household from my library and stick them on an empty lot when I start a new build save, but I'll evict them right away so I have the empty lot back to work on, and it seems that just moving a household in from CAS to a lot is not enough. I actually have to actively play that household for a little while, before I can safely edit a restaurant.

It's so strange and I have no idea what that has to do with anything, but your screenshots look exactly like my game when it locks up if I don't do the above action.

Message 11 of 45 (590 Views)

★ Apprentice
@manzana0807 I usually do the same as you, I start a world, create a generic household, move them in somewhere, and then immediately delete them to have the empty world. I haven't tried with an actively played household yet. That's so odd! Glad to meet someone who has the same issue though, even if it's not a great problem to have.
Message 12 of 45 (578 Views)

★★ Pro

Yea, it's a super weird bug! Try what I said that I do to work around it and see what happens.

It took awhile before it dawned on me that maybe I needed to have an active household first before doing any editing. What finally triggered that in my mind was how it shows a large amount of money due/household funds. I don't know how else to explain it better, but you can see what I mean by looking at your screenshots.It's one of the weirdest bugs I think I've ever seen in this game, because of how specific it is.

Message 13 of 45 (570 Views)

Hero
@Webbpf What platform are you on ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 45 (532 Views)

Hero
@Mionette Can you send me one of the broken saves ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 45 (531 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice
Message 16 of 45 (504 Views)

Hero
@Mionette Thanks. I'll check this when I got some time :D

Does the same happen for Vet and Retail ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 45 (490 Views)

★ Apprentice
@crinrict just checked both, vets have the same problem with not saving the work outfits, retail doesn't have outfit options.
Message 18 of 45 (479 Views)

Hero
@Mionette They used to have outfits too .. I need to check everything when I find some time.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 45 (453 Views)

★ Apprentice
@crinrict how odd, yah I have no option to do outfits for retail, there is no button. lmao my work venues are on strike I guess. Thanks for checking it out, I look forward to seeing if you have the same issues in my save.
Message 20 of 45 (448 Views)