Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [PC/MAC] [DO] Restaurant Venues Broken - Menus & Worker Outfits

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, game packs, and stuff packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a Restaurant in build-mode and go to set the menu. Also, try to pick worker outfits.
What happens when the bug occurs? When creating a menu for any restaurant, there is no menu to begin with, and no option to create a custom menu. I can load a preset menu, but it does not display the menu properly in the UI, and it cannot be edited. Any menu loading/saving does not stick. (see attached screenshots), also, when picking worker outfits at a restaurant venue, the outfits you choose do not save once picked, and will always revert to the default.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to create a restaurant, open the menu customization screen, and create/edit a menu appropriately, and then save the changes. Also, I expect to choose a worker's outfit at a venue, and have it save that choice.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. June 4th patch / eco lifestyle expansion addition.

Screenshot 1: What the restaurant menu UI looks like when you first load it.  Screenshot 2: What the restaurant menu UI looks like when you load a preset menu. It cannot be edited, and it will not save.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 45 (1,462 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [FIXED] [PC/MAC] [DO] Restaurant Venues Broken - Menus & Worker Outfits

Hero

Fixed an issue with Restaurant Menus that made them appear blank or corrupted. Blind tasting menus in real life are a thing, but I don’t think that is what this issue wanted to convey.

Fixed in Patch 1.67.45/ 1.32

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 45 of 45 (1,164 Views)

All Replies

Re: Restaurant Venues Broken - Menus & Worker Outfits

Hero
@Mionette

Start troubleshooting by repairing the game through Origin.
1. Close the game
2. Right-Click on the game in Origin
3. Hit Repair game.

I can't duplicate this in my own game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 45 (1,436 Views)

★ Apprentice
@crinrict I did a repair and tried it again, still having the same issue. In fact, now it's worse... I can't click on the restaurant menu configuration at all. The button brings up nothing.
Message 3 of 45 (1,421 Views)

Hero
@Mionette Could you try on a fresh save for testing purposes to see if it's a corruption of the save game or a general issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 45 (1,418 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@Mionette wrote:

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, game packs, and stuff packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a Restaurant in build-mode and go to set the menu. Also, try to pick worker outfits.
What happens when the bug occurs? When creating a menu for any restaurant, there is no menu to begin with, and no option to create a custom menu. I can load a preset menu, but it does not display the menu properly in the UI, and it cannot be edited. Any menu loading/saving does not stick. (see attached screenshots), also, when picking worker outfits at a restaurant venue, the outfits you choose do not save once picked, and will always revert to the default.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to create a restaurant, open the menu customization screen, and create/edit a menu appropriately, and then save the changes. Also, I expect to choose a worker's outfit at a venue, and have it save that choice.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. June 4th patch / eco lifestyle expansion addition.

Screenshot 1: What the restaurant menu UI looks like when you first load it.  Screenshot 2: What the restaurant menu UI looks like when you load a preset menu. It cannot be edited, and it will not save.

I can confirm this is an issue on Xbox One S as well. It seems to be related with the latest patch/update before Eco Lifestyle as well as the Eco Lifestyle pack as this problem only started happening after those 2. When I was making my own Newcrest I placed a restarant down, went into the lot to edit outfits and menus but when I tried clicking on an outfit instead of choosing the outfit the game took me straight into create a sim which is NOT what I wanted. I just wanted to pick a premade waiter/waitress outfit but the game acted like I wanted to edit the outfit when I didn't so it took me into CAS mode. When I cancelled and left CAS mode the outfits and menu were no longer accessible. I mashed the Right and Left Bumper buttons on my xbox controller and the tabs were not working. The only tab that worked was the lot info panel but the lot traits tab and menu and outfit tabs were locked as if they did not exist. This creates a further problem as clicking the Left Stick to open the controls menu ends up bringing up the list of controls but its blank. The controller is on the screen but its just a blank controller with no controls listed. That ends up being stuck on screen permanently forcing me to close the game to my xbox dashboard and reopen the game in order to fix the issue. This issue happens everytime i edit the restaraunts menu or try and pick a waiter/waitress outfit

Message 5 of 45 (1,389 Views)

Hero
@RJEB1994 Yes, XB1 seems to have issues with the controls. There have been several reports for this.

There's several reports right now

- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/XB1-DO-Control-don-t-work-properly-when-trying-to-edit-Uniform...
- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Gallery-Menu-Distortion/m-p/9183560
- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Lot-info-panel-broken/m-p/9184937

I don't think PC is the same issue as it works fine for me and I haven't seen any other PC/Mac reports.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 45 (1,381 Views)

★★★ Novice

I’m having a similar issue in restaurants. I can open all of the menus, but the staff attire is messed up. It wouldn’t save my selections. My work around was to make outfit 1 look like what I wanted to force it to work. My other menus seemed to work fine, though. 

Message 7 of 45 (1,374 Views)

★ Apprentice
@crinrict Started up a new world, never before played, created a restaurant, went to the menu... items are showing up for the menu, but all other settings buttons are missing. no customize option, no preset button, no delete button, nothing. cannot click on or edit any of the food choices.
Message 8 of 45 (1,343 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Pro

@Mionette I started having this problem before the Eco Lifestyle patch and release, but it seems to be working fine now for me as long as I have one played household living on a lot before I try editing anything to do with a restaurant.

I have no idea why that is, because that's never been a issue before, and I always have one empty save just for building and renovating in. I did a lot of testing to narrow this down, because it was causing my whole game to lockup and I'd have to force quit through the task manager, and that never happens to me.

I'm glad I saw this thread, because I meant to report this and forgot to do it.

Message 9 of 45 (1,321 Views)

★ Apprentice
@manzana0807 Thanks for chiming in! Interestingly enough, I first noticed this on a map where I had no played households (also a building map like yours), trying it out on a new map with a played household, I am having the same issue though.
Message 10 of 45 (1,310 Views)