[FIXED] Outdoor puddle wont disappear

by Vlaxitov

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Outdoor puddle wont disappear

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Its been there a long time. I debugged it with cheats but no change.

I have no CC or mods.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=28ajpqp&s=8

Message 1 of 43 (10,474 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [FIXED] Outdoor puddle wont disappear

Hero

We fixed an issue that could occur when re-loading a lot, that would prevent exterior puddles from disappearing. Exterior water puddles will once again disappear over time.
  • Being that the source of most exterior Sim puddles is from…
    • Speaking of which… do you change the clothes of your Sim after a bladder fail? Or do you just let them shake it off?

This has been fixed in Patch 1.29.69

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 41 of 43 (5,540 Views)

All Replies

Re: Outdoor puddle wont disappear, preventing me from building.

★★★★★ Apprentice

Have you gotten a Sim to mop it up?

Message 2 of 43 (10,327 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Blayer98 wrote:

Have you gotten a Sim to mop it up?

^this

also if the sim gives the can't go there free up some space so the sim can get to that area

Message 3 of 43 (10,320 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Or just do CTRL + Shift + C, then type "testingcheats on", then click and hold shift next to the puddle, then click on "Teleport here."

To turn cheats off, just do "testingcheats off".

Message 4 of 43 (10,316 Views)

★ Guide

It can't be mopped outside unless you are apparently a neat freak. 

the only way around it that I found at this time is the "save house to library, bulldoze lot, and replace home" method. 

However be warned that collectibles and painting skill crafted paintings will be lost (and not sure about gardening food in fridge) but plants in garden may be, I do not recall now -- if you are not careful. Put all items of value in personal or home inventory. 

Garden plants can go in to home inventory one at a time (not while in planter boxes). I posted my experiences on this on the original bugs thread in the forum but don't have the links saved.

Message 5 of 43 (10,313 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

You can get them to go away by "stomping" on each puddle.  Most of the time it removes the puddle completely, sometimes the puddle spreads out a lot and eventually it will dry after that.  It was driving me insane too.  I believe stomping in puddles becomes available at mischief level 3.

Message 6 of 43 (10,309 Views)

Hero

@Vlaxitov Added as thread to the existing report since it was only reported in the old bug thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 43 (10,299 Views)

★ Guide

@laspyra wrote:

You can get them to go away by "stomping" on each puddle.  Most of the time it removes the puddle completely, sometimes the puddle spreads out a lot and eventually it will dry after that.  It was driving me insane too.  I believe stomping in puddles becomes available at mischief level 3.

Thanks for the info -- I just finally got mischief high enough to see that I get this all the time, and had thought of trying it, had only stomped indoors Standard smile and it seemed to spread that puddle into many little ones.  I didn't want that to happen outside. I'll give it a shot after saving Standard smile I've got this one puddle that I've for weeks and weeks now of game time and don't want to deal with another bulldozing of the lot!

Thanks again for the tip.

Message 8 of 43 (10,283 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I had this same issue and resolved it by simply placing a floor tile under the puddle. After that my Sim cleaned it up no problem.

Message 9 of 43 (10,281 Views)

★★ Apprentice
The game makes a joke that only someone really **bleep** will want to mop up a puddle outside.
Message 10 of 43 (10,271 Views)