Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Option to buy university textbooks appears with no DU

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them except Discover University
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Click on a bookshelf and select the option to purchase books, then select the dropdown to filter
What happens when the bug occurs? The filter University Textbooks appears (and the category is empty when the filter is selected) while Discover University is not installed.
What do you expect to see? I expect not to see this filter option
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The latest patch in preparation for Discover University

The filter University Textbooks appears (and the category is empty when the filter is selected) while Discover University is not installed. I got another Sims 4 player to check and she also has this appear in her game, she is on Mac.

Message 1 of 6 (2,282 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [FIXED] Option to buy university textbooks appears with no DU

Hero

Bookshelves will no longer have the option to purchase University books if you do not own Discover University.

Fixed in Patch 1.59.73

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 6 of 6 (2,047 Views)

All Replies

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Option to buy university textbooks appears with no DU

★ Pro
@crinrictengrampixels I discovered the cause for my issue. The UI Cheats Extention mod needed to be updated.
Message 2 of 6 (2,184 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@engramplays Did you also use that mod ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 6 (2,166 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have never used that mod. As I said in my description, there are no mods in my game at this time. When I do use them, I only use default texture replacements for eyes and skintone and some makeup. I never use mods that change anything but appearance of sims.

Message 4 of 6 (2,125 Views)

Hero
@engramplays Thanks. Just making sure :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 6 (2,121 Views)

Re: [FIXED] Option to buy university textbooks appears with no DU

Hero

Bookshelves will no longer have the option to purchase University books if you do not own Discover University.

Fixed in Patch 1.59.73

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (2,048 Views)