[FIXED] Open staircase cause routing failures

by Maysbat

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Open staircase cause routing failures

★★ Guide
@SailorSquad05 It's not exactly a fix. It's just workaround because it's causing different issue. So you have to delete fence (in one spot) then delete the gray tiles and then add fence again. In this way stairs are funcional but ceiling above them doesn't exist anymore so if you have to put flooring on top of it to prevent wierd light. If it's regular house it's not big deal but if you play in tiny house you will use more tiles.
Message 71 of 500 (1,444 Views)

Re: [WORKAROUND] Open staircase cause routing failures

★★ Pro
@durango1906 Not this time. But I've had it happen before even from just changing wallpaper if items were "recessed" into the walls at all. Especially when I make a spinet or upright piano and move the upper part back with move-objects, all the decorations on top will go into inventory if I change wallpaper. Sims are so weird.
Message 72 of 500 (1,443 Views)

Re: Sims unable to use interior stairs after install of November 10, 2020 update

★★★ Apprentice

Yes,  this is exactly what happened to me.  The only person in my Sims household that is able to go upstairs is the child.

Message 73 of 500 (1,497 Views)

Re: Sims won't climb stairs after 11/10/20 update

★★ Apprentice

PoptartJuniper,

I understand why you merged my post into the existing thread, and I thank you.  My post included information I did not provide at first (the lot name) -- lot based on "English Simmer Asylum".  I hoped by including the name of the lot someone could at least look and see what I was describing - more than me just clicking Me Too.

I also understand there is a type of workaround - but the description is a bit confusing, and I don't know if it'll help with where I'm at.  The workaround involves removing a fence, and then deleting spaces beneath it, and then re-adding the fence.  The Asylum lot doesn't have any fencing indoors.

I'm guess I'm not as skilled with building as I could be (I probably need to learn how to build and create things).

Anyways.  Thank you!!!

Message 74 of 500 (1,491 Views)

★★ Pro
@Maysbat One tiny correction, putting flooring on top for ceiling doesn't work for some builds. I'm looking at you, Coorinberg Cottage. And you can't add fence again without it putting floor back in. Had to do a lot of hokey-pokeying with walls to get it to work for The Summer Home.
Message 75 of 500 (1,490 Views)

★★ Guide
@stjmk That's why it's only workaround not a fix. In my opinion better leave lots how it is and only put workaround (if it's working there) to lots which you often visit because after all when they gonna fix it you will have to go to every single lot and repair it again. Such waste of time. I only hope it's gonna be fixed soon and we won't have to wait for several months. Fingers cross.
Message 76 of 500 (1,484 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I hate to ask this, but could you look at a build in the Gallery (I'm on console - I don't know if the PC journal has all I can see), similar to English Simmer Asylum, and let me know if this workaround will help?  I've read the description and what you've described many times, but am unsure if it'll help with the Asylum.

Thank you in advance!!

Message 77 of 500 (1,478 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@Maysbat Thank you for the response. I will give it a try. My Sims house is going to be a wreck now though. What did we do to deserve this.
Message 78 of 500 (1,478 Views)

★★ Guide
@TheSolidRequiem I can check this if I am gonna find time tomorrow cause I’ve got lectures all day and now it’s too late.
Message 79 of 500 (1,472 Views)

★ Apprentice

This has happened to me too

Message 80 of 500 (1,463 Views)