Re: Chez Llama makes me want to rage quit

by Kattoinette

Original Post

Chez Llama makes me want to rage quit

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.59.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? The stairs at Chez Llama don't work. I tried rebuilding the entire upper floor and my sim STILL can't get up the stairs. I'm disappointed in the whole experience of restaurant ownership - why can I not cook in my own restaurant?? I've been on several dates there, and each one was an exercise in frustration. The whole process took forever, from being seated to getting the food to checking out. The first few times my sims actually ran out on the check because I couldn't figure out how to actually end the dining experience.
What happens when the bug occurs? When trying to go up the stairs, I get a routing error and my sim just waves at me and complains about it. I've tried it both with and without mods/CC.
What do you expect to see? For my sim to be able to climb the stairs and go to the bathroom??
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This is after I rebuilt the whole upstairs and replaced the staircase.

Message 301 of 500 (946 Views)

★★ Pro
@Kattoinette Yep. Me too. And my Sim is a Celebrity Chef. But I finally got stairs working again in mine and it's up on the gallery.
Message 302 of 500 (900 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

So this kid can go up the stairs, but my sim can't. 

Message 303 of 500 (870 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Bless you, I'm going to go download that now.

Message 304 of 500 (869 Views)

★★ Pro
@Kattoinette @IngeJones had a plausible theory about the platform routine checking for ceiling height after the platform update, which is why kids, toddlers and pets, being shorter, can go up and adults stand around waving their arms with a "can't go there" thought bubble, and why stairs up to porches outside with no ceiling above don't seem to be an issue.
Message 305 of 500 (863 Views)

Staircase Problem

★ Novice

What is your current game version number? 1.69.59.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Trying to have them go upstairs to sleep
What happens when the bug occurs? They wave their arms and say they can't go up
What do you expect to see? Go up the stairs
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

It's been going on since maybe either Batuu or just before Snowy Escape

Message 306 of 500 (856 Views)

Re: Sim can't walk upstairs after latest patch - 11/10/2020

★★★ Novice

Me too! Wtf!

Message 307 of 500 (792 Views)

My sims do not go upstair

★★★★★ Newbie

What is your current game version number? Laptop windows 10
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Dogs&Cats
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? dk
What happens when the bug occurs? My sims and dog dont go upstairs
What do you expect to see? I want someone to help me so my sims can go upstairs
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Hi , im new here, i saw a lot of people blaming about this bug but the comments wasnt helpful. My sims does not go upstairs and i dont even know how to change place for them to stay somewhere else. I would be greatful if someone can tel me step by step what i have to do.

Message 308 of 500 (812 Views)

Re: My sims do not go upstair

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@AM225455only quick options are to replace the stairs with a ladder... which basically means your sims pets, and kids are going to die if their stuck up there

OR

Build a 1 level house

OR

build a 2 lvl house that has no loft type set up

Unfortunately.. these are the only quick solutions to play the game with a 2 month old bug, EA is in no rush to fix.

Message 309 of 500 (802 Views)

Re: My sims do not go upstair

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@AM225455There's a whole thread devoted to this. It sounds like you have a staircase with a balcony or "open to below" area in your sim house. So:

1. Control delete fence at top of stairs. It doesn't show, but it's probably there.

2. Sledgehammer any gray tiles that appear. Stairs should work now.

3. If any ceiling was deleted, you can go up a floor and replace it by drawing a room box or fence enclosure, and then control deleting the walls you just created. Ceiling/floor will still be there.

Hope this helps.

Message 310 of 500 (792 Views)