Re: [WORKAROUND] Open staircase cause routing failures

by JackOnYourBack

Original Post

Unable to use stairs

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Unable to use stairs after the latest patch. Sims won't use use stairs of ground floor, the pets however seems to use it. I've tried replacing the stairs without cheats but didn't work, when calling over the sims on 1st floor it says simis 'too far away'.

Also the sims using vampiric run seems to run through walls. Tested the game without mods and it still happens. Tested on both game versions 1.68.154.1020 & 1.68.156.1020.

Any help!?

Message 191 of 500 (867 Views)

Re: Unable to use stairs

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

I am by no means an expert but did you try taking the picture and light down? I have noticed that sometimes, even on high walls with low doors, that things above the door seem to affect the sims' pathing and they won't use the door. Perhaps it is similar with stairs and it is completely random as to when it happens.

Message 192 of 500 (854 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@whubble1817yup, tried removing the every objects around it, nothing works!

Message 193 of 500 (868 Views)

Hero
@ayan4u2 Merged this with the bug report. Please see solution post for workarounds.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 194 of 500 (862 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

That is a smart idea. How do you downgrade to an actual working version? Sims 4 has been out for 6 years and NOW they start breaking everything with no testing and awful support. Was it really too expensive to hire people who can do their job for EA?

Message 195 of 500 (850 Views)

★ Guide

Ffs what is up with this game? My sims won't use some stairs but will happily use others? 

Stupid game still crashing after new update too 😑😑

Message 196 of 500 (835 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I wish there was a way to downgrade to the previous version. That or I had gone offline before realizing how bad this new update was and never got it.

Are they even actively working on fixing this issue I wonder? The workarounds don't always work and seem to fit specific staircase setups and it's not realistic to have everyone edit multiple lots (including default lots made by EA) to get them to maybe function right, but still look wrong.

Message 197 of 500 (831 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I absolutely agree, a glitch like this is very annoying for builders like me, and if EA is not competent of even making the game playable, then it should give us an option to downgrade

Message 198 of 500 (773 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I have the same concern, as this may not seem a big issue for EA, just look at those EA houses and none if few of them have applied such techniques. I am grateful for the workaround solution but if if this remains unfixed in the long run then it will tremendously limit our possible builds, and it will be unfair for many of the fabulous builders whose works in the gallery now come with broken staircases. EA give us the fix we deserve!

Message 199 of 500 (772 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Please devs fix this. While it might be fixable in a house here and there (even if it is annoying), none of my houses work because of stairs. None of the lots I download from the gallery, whether they be mine or others work either. It's not feasible to manually enter every lot and fix the stairs when they were working fine before.

Message 200 of 500 (761 Views)