Re: Broken Stairs

by The_Ratticator

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@CAlanFreemanAh! Thank you for clarifying. So, there were stairs up to the toilet area.

I did make Chez Llama over so that Sims can actually use the stairs. Maybe you could try that and let us know how it goes?

Oops. No, I didn't mean that you have to make Chez Llama over yourself. Just that I did, and it's in my gallery if you want to try it and see if it works for you.

Message 431 of 500 (1,216 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

This is getting frustrating. Of all bugs to not laundry list, with nearly 600 Me Too's, this is one of them? It's been a problem for months now, and I think not being about to go up stairs without totally butchering the staircase most of the time is a pretty serious issue to be leaving unfixed like this.

Message 432 of 500 (1,172 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@The_RatticatorActually, I'm more inclined to cut them some slack on this one (as opposed the mirror reflections or the endless cooking bug) because they have to redo stairs and platforms to make them both work as intended at the same time.

It seems to me that platforms were a very hurried job that didn't get tested enough to begin with, and that's going to be a bear to get working correctly. And then you've got the stairs compounding it.

All sorts of weird dependencies between them. Odd number versus even number of stairs to platforms working or not? Platforms with ceilings can be too low for adult sims sometimes?

The one thing I am sure of is, if they do eventually manage to fix the stair/platform issues, many of my builds are going to be broken.

Message 433 of 500 (1,144 Views)

Sims won't walk upstairs

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I have a sim who is dating one of the members of Get Together's Partihaus so she lives at their house and has a kid. I wanted to visit the Partihaus household with another family and was trying to go upstairs to speak to the kid but my sim will not go. The action gets cancelled out as she waves her hand in the air with a thought bubble above her head that has the footstep icon and a red exclaimation.

All I have done to the house is add furniture for the child upstairs. Aside from that, the lot was exactly as it came with Get Together. After trying to go upstairs, I then resized the staircase to 1 wide to see if the sim was then able to go upstairs, but she still couldn't.

What's happening and how do I solve it?

I also have a similar issue with the doors to the balconies on each side of Drake Hall. My sims/or roommates will go outside and then be stuck outside. And they'll basically stand there and slowly die unless I cheat to move my sims or leave the lot to make the roomies move.

Message 434 of 500 (1,100 Views)

Re: Sims won't walk upstairs

Hero
@SianAF148 I merged your post with the bug report on this. Please try the suggestions in the solution post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 435 of 500 (1,053 Views)

I cannot go up the stairs at The Ward Den

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.73.57.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Paranormal Stuff, Throwback Fit Kit, Country Kitchen Kit, Bust The Dust Kit.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Control your Sim go to residential lot The Ward Den at Del Sol Valley.
What happens when the bug occurs? When start a new game, go to residential lot The Ward Den with default house building, I cannot go up the stairs by using its stairs.
What do you expect to see? I can go up the stairs.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

When start a new game, go to residential lot The Ward Den with default house building, I cannot go up the stairs by using its stairs.

Message 436 of 500 (1,001 Views)

★★ Pro
@FreakyFrank72 Welcome to the club! We feel your pain. Even those of us who primarily build and have to redesign houses to get around this bug so that Sims can actually navigate in our houses.
Message 437 of 500 (923 Views)

★★ Novice

I ended up using LMS’s elevators as a work around in my mansions.Space-wise it’s about the same. Just a question of how gaudy it looks.

Message 438 of 500 (908 Views)

Why don’t my stairs work

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? SPO9: 1.assets.live-sp09.215
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Eco Lifestyle Discover University Island Living Get Famous Seasons Cats & Dogs City Living Get Together Get To Work Parenthood Vampires Tiny Living Toddler Vintage Glamour
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By placing a lot from the galley
What happens when the bug occurs? Your sims don’t walk up the stairs
What do you expect to see? The stairs to be fixed in a patch update
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Sim’s don’t walk up the stairs 

Message 439 of 500 (897 Views)

Re: Why don’t my stairs work

Hero (Retired)

@Dark_oasis56 I've merged your post into the current bug report for this issue. Please click the "Me Too" button at the bottom of the first post on the first page of the thread.

Message 440 of 500 (862 Views)