Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Off Grid Living: Sims receive bill

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of the available packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Move sim in on a lot with "Off the Grid" trait. 2. Travel to any destination (Grant Falls, Selvadorada) for longer than 3 days for bills to arrive.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims still have bills delivered to them when on vacation even though they live "Off the Grid".
What do you expect to see? Sims should not receive bills for "Off the Grid" lots when on vacation.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Sims receive bills for "Off the Grid" lots when on vacation. 

Message 1 of 30 (7,128 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [FIXED] Off Grid Living: Sims receive bill

Hero

The Off-the-Grid Lot Trait now ties into our new Bill updates, drawing from Water and Power utility. Without excess utility, lots function off-the-grid as they did before. With excess utility, they function more like an on-the-grid lot.

Fixed in Patch 1.63.133/ Console 1.25

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 30 of 30 (5,903 Views)

All Replies

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [OR] Sims receive bills for "Off the Grid" lots wh

Hero
@AlRynn Could you test if it also happens for Jungle Adventure ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 30 (7,056 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Yes, it does happen in both destination worlds for me.

Message 3 of 30 (7,039 Views)

Hero
Could be connected to this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-OR-Bills-are-higher-when-on-vacation/m-p/4318964

I've added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 30 (6,931 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Also happening to me

however not with a vacation, just went to a communal library and received bills 

Message 5 of 30 (6,886 Views)

Hero
@KAURD And you don't use any mods/cc ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 30 (6,876 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [OR] [JA] Sims receive bills on vacation for "Off the Gri

★★ Guide

My off-the-grid couple went to the hospital because the wife was in labor, and they got a bill in there. Guess giving birth is practically a vacation! Confused

Have all the packs, savegame is ancient (started it when base game came out), and have mods to remove the censor blur mosaic, show sim info, and the latest vampire fix for dark meditation not working. I know my game is hardly a prime example for any clean game environment with all of that, but just adding my bit here, too.

Message 7 of 30 (6,826 Views)

★★★★ Novice

When I received bills for the first time it was right after I traveled to several other lots on Sulani. I think it is somehow related to using electricity/plumbing when you leave the lot. 

I never paid the bills and nothing happens but I do get notice about needing to pay over and over again. 

Hmm now that I think about it my sim also had just aged to a young adult... could be related. I will continue to test and update! 

Message 8 of 30 (6,778 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrictAlRynn My sims currently lives in premade volcanic camp in Mua Pel'am and I got utilities bill after visiting the beach lot 'Sand Simoleon Beach' in Lani St Taz. The bill is also VERY expensive. It costs around 15,000 Simoleon for 90,000 worth lot. Wonder why it happens.
Message 9 of 30 (6,769 Views)

Hero
Changed the title as it doesn't seem vacation related.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 30 (6,755 Views)